tnt

BHUT JOLOKIA LEMON novita 2010

nipotastro

vabbe'...!

ma nel frattempo l'assaggio e' stato... assaggiato?

come e'?? ricorda almeno un pochino i nhut/bih/naga???

megamastger71

e la cosa mi puzza sempre più

Gianluca84
e la cosa mi puzza sempre più

a me meno, perchè si capisce che chileseeds li ha presi dal venditore di ebay, le foto sono le stesse e quindi hanno capito anche loro che non è un kafe, ma solo una botta di culo :lol:

megamastger71

appunto per questo mi puzza ....

se una società è seria ... e sottolineo seria ... non può vendere semi di una varietà senza averne accertato la stabilità e la corrispondenza .....

io posto delle foto di bhut jolokia black e le vendo su e-bay ... arriva chileseed e che fa? invece di verificare se sono quelli e, soprattutto, se sono stabili (ci vuole un po' di tempo) li mette subito in vendita a 10 sterline ogni 10 semi .....

uhmmmmmmm :lol:

Gianluca84
appunto per questo mi puzza ....

se una società è seria ... e sottolineo seria ... non può vendere semi di una varietà senza averne accertato la stabilità e la corrispondenza .....

io posto delle foto di bhut jolokia black e le vendo su e-bay ... arriva chileseed e che fa? invece di verificare se sono quelli e, soprattutto, se sono stabili (ci vuole un po' di tempo) li mette subito in vendita a 10 sterline ogni 10 semi .....

uhmmmmmmm :lol:

chileseeds ha fatto di peggio :wub:

forse avrà verificato di persona il luogo della ocltivazione e anche le piante.

però se leggi la descrizione ha spiegato da dove è scuito fuori il colore giallo, per spiegarlo in modo facile e veloce basta dire "culo"

AsiasGarden

post-589-1258877617.jpg

here is a cross section of the YellowBhut Jolokia. I wish I spoke Italian so I could answer questions and participate in your discussion.

AsiasGarden

post-589-1258878091.jpg

Here is another photo of the Yellow bhut Jolokia.

Gianluca84

Congratulations Dave,

thanks for the photos

Lonewolf

Thanks Dave!

Shape, seeds number and disposition (along all the pod) conform to standard BJ.

The extension of internal placental tissue is difficult to evaluate because of the color of pods.

How hot is it? (compared to standard BJ)

AsiasGarden
Thanks Dave!

Shape, seeds number and disposition (along all the pod) conform to standard BJ.

The extension of internal placental tissue is difficult to evaluate because of the color of pods.

How hot is it? (compared to standard BJ)

I think it is equal in heat.... a friend of mine thought it was hotter. I don't know how that can be. I have looked through the many posts on this subject and am impressed regarding the many conversations about this!! I hope that the photos I have posted help. I had a long conversation with Dr. Paul Bosland (University of New Mexico) today and after looking at the photos he feels certain that it IS a Mutated Bhut Jolokia. For your information, These seeds originally came from the chile pepper institute. I asked paul if they had ever had any Bhut Jolokias that had mutated like this (they grow 1000's of these each year) so I figured they would have seen this. He said no. they have never had one mutate like this. Paul is the one that taught me about mutation. explaining that it is really only the color that changes. Nothing else. The mutation of a red chile to orange or yellow is not uncommon.

It is strange to me that out of 300 Bhut Jolokias plants, 7 ended up this way.

Lonewolf please ....... this is important to me. I would like for you to translate to the others that I apologize for using the terms "cross pollinated" in my Ebay ad. I did this with the certainty that I had stumbled upon something extraordinay, but that buyers, most of whom are uneducated about terms like "mutation" would not understand this. I felt that complicatiing the wording of the ad would make things more confusing for the masses. I feel badly about this and want you to pass this on for me. It is NOT my intention to mislead. My goals are to be a valued member of the chile pepper groups to which I am a member.... including this one. And to pass on seeds that are TRUE to their type. I hope to be a valued member despite the language barrier. Let everyone know that even though I can't understand what they have written, I appreciate the many posts on this topic of "Yellow Bhut Jolokias" I was dying to be able to read some of the posts :D Be sure to thank "Gianluca" "TNT" and "Mich" who was the first to contact me. He was very nice to comunicate with!! Thank you again. I would like to post other photos in my photo album but am still having trouble with that. I figured out how to put them in the discussion thread, but not the "album for photos" Sincerely, Dave

AsiasGarden
TNT hai assaggiato la polvere?

com'è?

Vi segnalo che anche chileseeds ha messo in vendita i semi di yellow bhut jolokia, però costano di più

http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/yellow_bhut_jo...epper_seeds.htm

Hi Gianluca. I can't read the Italian language (would like too!!) :D But I saw the link to Chileseeds.uk. I sold an order of these seeds to Gerald at this web site and allowed him to use a couple of my photographs. I have not looked to see what he is charging. But will make certain that my prices are equal or less. I always send extra seeds on each order anyway. Thanks, Dave :D

mich

Hello Dave!

Welcome in here and thanks for explanations and images.

I stay tuned to understand and learn more 'bout your nice Yellow BJ and hope i'll grow it next season.

It's just strange the way you sent the seeds to TNT, but, anyway, it's important the seeds are good and you're sure the result it's what we need! :D

Best regards, mich!

AsiasGarden
Hello Dave!

Welcome in here and thanks for explanations and images.

I stay tuned to understand and learn more 'bout your nice Yellow BJ and hope i'll grow it next season.

It's just strange the way you sent the seeds to TNT, but, anyway, it's important the seeds are good and you're sure the result it's what we need! :D

Best regards, mich!

I really should have explained it to TNT in a note. Here's the problem. I have lost more packages that were sent to italy than any other country. I don't know why? So I guessed that seeds are banned and that "chile pepper powder" is not. So I "smuggled" the seeds in by mixing them back in with the dry chile that I kept separtae when harvesting the seeds. Basically I just put them with the sample that I offered to send. Instead of packaging them separately. I used an Italian/English Translator and was able to read some of the posts. I guess I have caused a stir in the pot!! haha :D Maybe someone in here that is good with english can tell me what the Italian laws are so I know what I'm dealing with. (Can anyone help?) I'll post a note to lonewolf. I see that I have another order just now on Ebay from Italy. I wonder if it's a pepperfriends member? :)

Some of the posts I have read make me think that Chilliseeds.Uk has abad reputation. Is that the case? I would like to know. He approached me to buy seeds. So I sold him some. I have had good communication with him so will certainly give him the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong. Thank you so much for writing!! Dave

Lonewolf

Traduzione/Translation:

Penso siano uguali in piccantezza ... Un mio amico pensa sia anche piu' piccante.

non so come cio' sia possibile.

Ho scorso i molti messaggi su questo argomento e sono impressionato dal numero di interventi!

Spero le foto che ho pubblicato siano di aiuto.

Ho avuto una lunga conversazione con dr. Paul Bosland [NDT: beato te!] oggi e, dopo aver guardato le foto, egli si sente sicuro che si tratti di una mutazione di Bhut Jolokia.

Per vostra informazione, questi semi sono originari inizialmente del CPI.

Ho chiesto a Paul se se egli ha mai avuto un BJ mutato in questo modo (ne coltivamo 1000 all'anno, immagino abbiano gia' visto qualcosa di simile). Mi ha risposto di no, non hanno mai avuto una mutazione simile.

Paul e' colui che mi ha istruito sulla mutazione, come spiegazione del fatto che solo il colore cambia, nient'altro.

La mutazione di un pepper rosso a arancio o giallo non e' rara.

Per me e' strano che su 300 piante di BJ, 7 abbiano subito questo cambiamento.

[NDT: potrebbero essere tutte piante da semi di un unico frutto, se la mutazione e' avvenuta nella pianta madre]

Lonewolf, per favore ... questo e' importante per me.

Vorrei traducessi per gli altri che mi scuso per aver usato il termine "impollinazione incrociata" sulla mia inserzione eBay.

L'ho fatto con la certezza di essere incappato in qualcosa di straordinario, ma che i compratori, molti dei quali non avezzi a termini come "mutazione", lo avrebbero capito.

Sentivo che complicando i termini nell'inserzione avrebbe reso le cose piu' confuse per i piu'.

Mi sento male per questo e desidero che me lo perdoniate.

Non e' mia intenzione ingannare.

I miei scopi sono essere uno stimato membro dei gruppi di appassionati sui peppers a cui partecipo ... incluso questo ...

e distribuire semi conformi alla loro varieta'.

Spero di essere un apprezzato membro nonostante la barriera del linguaggio.

Fa sapere a ognuno che anche se non posso capire quel che hanno scritto, apprezzo i molti messaggi su questo topic relativo al BJ giallo.

Muoio dalla voglia di capire alcuni messaggi.

Assicurati di ringraziare Gianluca, TNT e Mich che per primo mi ha contattato.

E' stato bello comunicare con lui!

Grazie di nuovo!

Vorrei postare altre foto nel mio album fotografico, ma ho ancora problemi con questa operazione.

Ho trovato come inserirle nelle discussioni, ma non nell'album fotografico.

Sinceramente, Dave.

Some answer:

For photo album you can use our Gallery (top menu) or even our Blogs; in the Blogs you can even link an external website.

All instructions are in English, but MP me if you are in trouble.

The fact you get 7 plants with yellow pods isn't explainable with same mutation on more plants (that would be unbelievable in a single generation), but is possibile if all those seeds came from a single plant or pod which can carry mutate genome.

Lonewolf

Traduzione/Translation:

Veramente dovrei averlo spiegato a tnt in una nota. Ecco il problema.

Ho perso più pacchetti inviati in Italia che in ogni altro paese. Non so perchè.

Così ho ipotizzato che i semi siano bannati e la polvere di peperoncino no. Così ho "contrabbandato" i semi mescolandoli con il peperoncino secco che avevo tenuto da parte raccogliendo i semi.

In pratica li ho messi insieme al campione che avevo promesso di inviare invece di impacchettarli separatamente.

Ho usato un traduttore italiano/inglese e sono riuscito a leggere qualcuno dei messaggi.

Immagino di aver causato una tempesta in un bicchiere!

ah ah :D

Può darsi che qualcuno qui che parla bene inglese mi possa dire quali sono le leggi italiane così so come comportarmi. (Qualcuno può aiutarmi?)

Invierò una nota a Lonewolf. Vedo che ho un'altro ordine proprio adesso su ebay dall'Italia. Mi chiedo se sia un membro di Pepperfriends? :D

Alcuni dei messaggi che ho letto mi fanno pensare che Chilliseeds.uk abbia una cattiva reputazione. E' così?

Vorrei saperlo.

Egli mi ha contattato per comprare semi.

Così gliene ho venduti alcuni.

Ho avuto una buona comunicazione con lui così gli darò certamente il beneficio del dubbio fino a prova contraria.

Grazie davvero per aver scritto!

Dave

Chileseeds had a good reputation, but it's working hard to waste it ...

the number of seeds not true to variety expected seems to be greater each year ...

However it's still one of the most reliable seeds reseller.

cmpman1974

AsiasGarden, So we meet again. :D I told you I wind up everywhere. lol. Yes, this is one serious group of pepper enthusiasts!!! Glad you're aboard.

Chris

AsiasGarden
AsiasGarden, So we meet again. :D I told you I wind up everywhere. lol. Yes, this is one serious group of pepper enthusiasts!!! Glad you're aboard.

Chris

Hi chris.... Yes I saw your posts in here and pictures!! Knew it was you. Did the package arrive yet? I was amazed that there were over 100 posts here all due to my "yellow Bhut Jolokia" man I stirred up this pot huh? LOL I feel bad now about the way I initially advertized it. I had no idea about the can of worms I was opening. I have had 3 exchanges with Paul Bosland regarding this mutation of The Red Bhut. He wants seeds so I am sending him 300 today. We'll see where this goes. I love the passion of the members in here!!! I had no idea. I spent an hour with an Italian/English translator in here last night reading posts about the Yellow BJ. Talk to you soon. Looking forward to getting your package too. Dave :D

nipotastro

hi dave,

but in taste and flavour , how are these yellow bhut?

like standard bhut jolokia (so like naga morich, bih jolokia....) or slightly different?

AsiasGarden
hi dave,

but in taste and flavour , how are these yellow bhut?

like standard bhut jolokia (so like naga morich, bih jolokia....) or slightly different?

I had a chile pepper dinner with several friends and did some "In depth" testing of this chile. We all agreed that it was just slightly less in heat than the standard red Bhut but unchanged in flavour very fruity and aromatic like the red. In discussions I've had about this chile the idea seems to be that it is really only the color that changes when a mutation occurs. To quote Dr. Bosland from one of our discussions "a spontaneous mutation. Yellow fruit color is recessive to red or orange." As lonewolf mentioned in an earlier post, I got seven plants which means the seven came from a pod that was previously mutated. I asked Paul if they had seen even one of these at UNM and he said no. We discussed trading seeds. I will be sending him 300 tomorrow. Thank you so much for writing. David :D

Piccantilly

Hi Dave, many congratulation for your interesting Yellow BJ

another question: in addition to the organoleptic characteristics of the fruit, there is a difference in behavior of the plant?

Ciaoo

W

AsiasGarden
Hi Dave, many congratulation for your interesting Yellow BJ

another question: in addition to the organoleptic characteristics of the fruit, there is a difference in behavior of the plant?

Ciaoo

W

None whatsoever.... I would have never known that the plants were anything but the UNM Bhut strain that I planted. Until the fruit ripened.

mich

E qui come la mettiamo, comperiamo in gruppo o ognuno per sé? Io ci vorrei provare...

Lonewolf

Io non ho ancora ordinato.

Se si organizza un acquisto di gruppo, mi associo (anche come destinatario iniziale, se serve).

pepentone

se si fa di gruppo, una anche per me! :D