JohnF

I sow my seeds in a 200 cell tray , cover with a dome ,and place on a heat mat. Most were sown 4/12 but some a little later. Eventually the heat mat was needed for other things and the tray was removed and allowed to dry out. It was re-wet and dried , put back on the heat mat, dried, etc. (I have done this in the past and got some reluctant germinators) Finally a few weeks ago I put the tray outside in the weather with no dome to cover.

7/20 - two Potka/Boonbai Morich popped up. They were sown 4/26. None had previously germinated

7/23 - One Cili Burung and one Bonda Man Jacques showed themselves. They had been sown 4/12 and some of each of thee varieties had previously germinated.

miei seminare semi in un vassoio di 200 cellule, coprire con una cupola, e luogo di calore su una stuoia. La maggior parte sono stati seminati 4 / 12 ma alcuni un po 'più tardi. Infine la stuoia di calore è stato necessario per altre cose e il vassoio è stato rimosso e lasciato asciugare. E 'stato ri-umido e secco, rimettere sul tappeto di calore, secchi, ecc (ho fatto in passato ed ha ottenuto alcuni riluttanti germinators) Infine un paio di settimane fa ho messo il vassoio al di fuori del tempo senza cupola a copertura.

7 / 20 - due Potka / Boonbai Morich popped. Essi sono stati seminati 4 / 26. Nessuno aveva precedentemente germinati

7 / 23 - Uno Cili Burung Bonda e un uomo ha mostrato Jacques stessi. Esse sono state seminate 4 / 12 e alcuni di ciascuna delle varietà ti aveva precedentemente germinati.

Lonewolf

Nice work.

Those seedlings will need almost till october-november to produce ripen fruit ... how is the climate in Bangor in those months? Will you complete ripening indoor?

PS.

By the way ... Bangor, Maine is one of the place I heard mentioned more often while reading novels; most of the books of Stephen King (one of my preferred authors) are placed in that zone.

mammoccio

Really late germinations here! 90days after........ Potka/Boonbai Morich sounds like an interesting plant, how is it? Do you have anu pics/information?

Glad to see you always in work with pepper john! :thumbsup:

JohnF

Nagalone

Yes, it will be cold then and the plants will need to be brought inside.

Steven King and his wife Tabitha live here in Bangor. He also has a local radio station that you can access from the internet

http://zoneradio.com/wkit/index.shtml

He is a generous man and supports lots of local things including our excellent library.

Lonewolf

Nice!

I heard at the radio ... I can understand about one word every ten :thumbsup:

Maybe the great Stephen is also a keen on hot peppers? :thumbsup:

JohnF

Potka/Boonbai Morich is new for me so I don't have pictures. I believe the name refers to the seed source.

Talas
Potka/Boonbai Morich is new for me so I don't have pictures. I believe the name refers to the seed source.

doing a naga reserach document to trace names/varietys through india/bangladesh/s.africa and here in the u.k,do you have any info on potka/Boonbai morich..if you have be appreciated :)

JohnF

I have sent a request to my source for information on Potka/Boonbai Morich. I have just scanned an article in Gourmet magazine on a trip to Nagaland. If you would like it email me and I will send it.

Lonewolf

John suitably point out that's copyrighted material and we can't publish on the forum (Thanks, John)

Who is interested can ask JohnF for a private copy.

JohnF

Talas

This is what my source tells me about Potka/Boonbi :It’s a rare variety from the Asian seedbank. Different looking than Naga Morich / Bih Jolokia in my opinon, but still staggering super hot type heat. It's from Bangladesh.

mammoccio

mmmm really interesting pepper JohnF! Please keep us up to date on that, it would be really wonderful to trade at the end of season ;)

JohnF

I'm sorry but my source has asked me not to distribute this seed.

JohnF

The germination from the old tray continues ( again from seeds sown 4/12)

7/27 another Bonda Man Jacques sprouted

8/8 another Cili Burung sprouted