Sign in to follow this  
AlexH

Ethnic food shop

AlexH

Today I visited Tlaloc (see my other post: https://www.pepperfriends.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3060 ) and some other shops in Turin to "stock up" on ingredients and see what peppers I could find!!

...I had a better result than I expected...!!! :angry:

post-638-1268489119.jpg

I managed to get some ingredients for Brazilian, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Carribean and Mexican food!!! ...so now there can be plenty more recipes ;)

Here are some fresh peppers I found... Habanero, Aji & Thai

post-638-1268489288.jpg

...also some dried ones: Guajillo (dried Mirasol), Pasilla, & Mulato (dried Poblano) ...I wonder if I will be able to germinate some seeds from these...?? :mad:

post-638-1268489395.jpg

I also managed to get some Chipolte (smoked Jalapeno) in adobo sauce, tomatillos, etc etc ...so I am very happy!!! :angry: ...also some black beans (...for the Feijoada Luiz!!)

I was impressed and suprised by the range of ingredients you can find here in Torino, if you look around enough!!

But I am even more happy because I managed to find Okra ...so tonight Frango com Quiabo!!

post-638-1268489624.jpg

kendalen

Wow, Alex! This is very interesting! ;)

I didn't know Tlaloc, I should pay them a visit, for sure (maybe before taking the train after work)!

What about the "other shops"? Are they near the "quadrilatero romano" zone, too?

AlexH
Wow, Alex! This is very interesting! ;)

I didn't know Tlaloc, I should pay them a visit, for sure (maybe before taking the train after work)!

What about the "other shops"? Are they near the "quadrilatero romano" zone, too?

Thanks! ...they're all in the area around Porta Palazzo market... the Aji and Habanero and some of the other things came from one called "Asia Supermarket" near, the other names I can't remember (sorry) ...but they're all in that area... Good luck! :angry: