Sign in to follow this  
PepperLover

bhut jolokias

PepperLover

hi guys i was looking on some sites and found this one on ebay this family owned chili farm sells bhut jolokia seeds and other super hot like 7pods and tirnedad scorpin and othes .

now i found it intrtesting to have all three of them in one garden the red,yellow and brown jolokias.

i was wondering if:-this is the real tru jolokia

if any if you guys ever planted non red jolokia.

and if there is really something called yellow jolokia that could be found in Assam where the red on was found or its just a hybrid . what do you think about this .. i have seen alot of chilis called bhut jolokia and not all of them look like.

pics will help thnx in advance

here is the web link

http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstore2.a...12&siteid=0

PepperLover

here om his face book he says that the yellow bhut jolokia was and an acidant so he didnt know about it and he is talking about starting his own strain here is the link

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daves-Dragon...;id=59240675179

now my question is what makes it the yellow bhut jolokia if it was just acidant of three plant growing in your feild among all the other red. so he just said i will call it the yellow jolokia i dont htink thats right as far as documntation bcz that will confuse the customer about the real true bhut thats if there was such thing, so when ppl give any name to any chili they find that is not profitional way of selling your product.

what u think ?

AsiasGarden
here om his face book he says that the yellow bhut jolokia was and an acidant so he didnt know about it and he is talking about starting his own strain here is the link

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daves-Dragon...;id=59240675179

now my question is what makes it the yellow bhut jolokia if it was just acidant of three plant growing in your feild among all the other red. so he just said i will call it the yellow jolokia i dont htink thats right as far as documntation bcz that will confuse the customer about the real true bhut thats if there was such thing, so when ppl give any name to any chili they find that is not profitional way of selling your product.

what u think ?

Since writing that on my facebook page I have learned that what happened on our chile farm was the mutation of the red to yellow. The seeds came from UNM Chile institute. I spoke with Dr. Bosland about this on 3 occasions. He is certain that mutation is the cause. (which is better than if it were crossed) The idea of trying to explain this in laymans terms while I sell the seeds along with other chile seeds seemed impossible. It was easier using the term"cross pollination" but I now realize that for the small percentage of Purists that might be shopping eBay for seeds..... this would cause some concern (like yours written above) I am changing the text in the ads to keep this from happening further. My apologies!! Dave

PepperLover

thnx for your nice reply dave i didnt mean to be offensive but it get really frustrating that many seeds sellers use wrong name on wrong species which confuse us as chiliheads but sure we welcom you here and we are happy to have you . and thnx again for the explanations.now i will bye some of ur seeds for sure :D

lizard
thnx for your nice reply dave i didnt mean to be offensive but it get really frustrating that many seeds sellers use wrong name on wrong species which confuse us as chiliheads but sure we welcom you here and we are happy to have you . and thnx again for the explanations.now i will bye some of ur seeds for sure :D

Hi Judy! dont buy seeds on ebay or anywhere else... just feel free MP to lonewolf that will satisfy every need you have. There's a forum section called "seeds exchange" go there... I have already r4eceived from him a complete collection of bhut jolokia seeds... from yellow to red to brown.

Nice growing season

Massimo

PepperLover
Hi Judy! dont buy seeds on ebay or anywhere else... just feel free MP to lonewolf that will satisfy every need you have. There's a forum section called "seeds exchange" go there... I have already r4eceived from him a complete collection of bhut jolokia seeds... from yellow to red to brown.

Nice growing season

Massimo

thnx for you advise dear :sorcerer: dave was generous and sent me some of his seeds we made trade he is cool guy your right about ebay its not very trusted site.

but now i have dave as agood friend he is member here too and claudio is more than generous too he already sent me alot of seeds .but i really apreciate your concern and nice to hear from you