Sign in to follow this  
Reyna

Purple Maui Pepper Just Germinated!

Reyna

Recently I planted several purple maui peppers that a friend of mine sent me. So far only one has germinated - as long as I have at least one plant I am happy. I have never seen a plant so purple even as a seedling. I am extremely impressed with this pepper and I am excited to be growing it this year. I wish I had a camera that takes macro-photos. My camera does not focus on so small a subject.

I had also tried to germinate some Pimente Da Neyde, but I think I burned those seeds as they still have not come up since 02/25 of this year. It has been 2 months. I will still leave them in the soil but I believe that I ended up burning them when trying to apply heat.

I am also attempting to germinate bhut jolokia, c. lanceolatum, c.ciliatum, c.galapagoense, c.chacoense, c. eximium as of 04/05. So far nothing has come up, but from the posts on here there is still alot of time before they will germinate. I planted them directly in soil and have them in my utility room (where the dryer is) and where i germinate most of my plants.

So far I have the following pepper seedlings:

Labuyo

Jalapeno

Lemon Drop

Purple Maui

Overwintered:

Chiltepin

Lonewolf

Well!

Let me know if your Pimenta da Neyde and C.Galapagoense will not germinate ... I've seeds ...