Sign in to follow this  
AlexH

Chicken & Avocado Salad with Lime & Chilli dressing

AlexH

Here is the first course that I made for a Brazilian "inspired" meal today (sorry Luiz V & Pablo, I know that these recipes are not so authentic, but in Italy it's hard to get all the ingredients you need!)... anyway I hope you enjoy them!

A very easy salad, for 6/8 people as a starter... (or 4 as a "light lunch")

1 chicken (roasted, and allowed to go cold, then shredded)

1 large red pepper (in thin slices)

2 avocados (in thin slices & then squeeze a little lime juice on them to stop them from going brown)

4 or 5 spring onions (scallions) (the white part in thin slices, keep the green part separate for the dressing)

iceberg lettuce (as much as you want!)

post-638-1267987728.jpg

1 red chilli (chopped finely)

Juice of 2 or 3 limes

green parts of the spring onions (chopped small)

olive oil

1 or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

salt & pepper

post-638-1267987750.jpg

toss the salad ingredients together, then mix the dressing ingredients... you can serve them separately so that people can decide how hot they want it!

post-638-1267987740.jpg

you can serve it with some bread, or if in Brazil some "Paõ di queijo"! :blink:

post-638-1267987763.jpg

Stefania

Mythical Alex! :blink:

(Mitico Alex! I don't konw if the translation is correct)

AlexH

Thanks Stefania!

Lonewolf

WOW!

@Stefania: I complimenti non bastano, occorre mettere in pratica ... :lol:

luiz v

Fantastic work Alex, i know how hard is too find all the ingredients to make an autenthic Brazilian dish when you live in other country, i remember how hard was to make " feijoada" in the years that i spend in Italy, nice to see some "pao de queijo" pictures and was so funny in the other brazilian recepie when i saw the farofa yoki picture.

Fantástico trabalho Alex, eu sei como é difícil achar todos ingredientes para fazer uma receita brasileira quando moramos fora do país, eu lembro como era difícil fazer feijoada nos anos que morei na Italia, legal ver as fotos do pão de queijo e engraçado ver na outra receita as fotos da farofa yoki.

AlexH
Fantastic work Alex, i know how hard is too find all the ingredients to make an autenthic Brazilian dish when you live in other country, i remember how hard was to make " feijoada" in the years that i spend in Italy, nice to see some "pao de queijo" pictures and was so funny in the other brazilian recepie when i saw the farofa yoki picture.

Fantástico trabalho Alex, eu sei como é difícil achar todos ingredientes para fazer uma receita brasileira quando moramos fora do país, eu lembro como era difícil fazer feijoada nos anos que morei na Italia, legal ver as fotos do pão de queijo e engraçado ver na outra receita as fotos da farofa yoki.

Obrigado Luiz!! ...my parents are in Brazil at the moment, so I hope they bring me back some more supplies! ...also hopefully they will bring me some new pepper seeds! ...also my Okra plants are growing well, so hopefully in the summer I will be able to have "Frango con quiabo" again!!