Sign in to follow this  
cmpman1974

Trinidad Scorpion "Morouga Blend" (C. Chinense)

cmpman1974

One of my very favorite super hot varieties. The pods are incredibly hot. The texture is the rougest of any variety I've ever grown. This is my second year growing them.

Chris

P1070063.jpg

P1070069.jpg

cmpman1974

One more shot of the pods.

Chris

P1070060.jpg

Lonewolf

All of my pods (I got three plants from Chris' seeds) look similar to the one at the right of the second photo.

Great plant and pods!

Bonnet

wowowow great fruits! Cmpman, i'll ask you for a bit of seeds :chris:

Lonewolf

This evening I tasted the Morouga blend (finally).

Its smell and flavour are very similar to those of Scorpion and Naga (it remind citrus and orange).

The heat is very high :chris: in the mouth and it acts quite quickly , but almost no problem in the stomach.

The internal structure is very similar to Scorpion, expecially for the seeds all concentrated near the stalk (while in the Naga they are usually distributed all along the pod.

The internal walls are fully covered with placental tissue.

Another variety that can with full right be counted in the number of the super-hot !

Patahontas

Great Photos of this interesting pepper and thanks for sharing!

Regards

Patrik

cmpman1974

Thanks. In my opinion, this variety has the most beautiful ripening patten I've ever seen. it's stunning. They can be red, orange, yellow, and green all at once. The pebbled surfaces really exaggerate it too.

Chris

Talas
Thanks. In my opinion, this variety has the most beautiful ripening patten I've ever seen. it's stunning. They can be red, orange, yellow, and green all at once. The pebbled surfaces really exaggerate it too.

Chris

Yes the surface pitting is fantastic chris for a chilli never seen it so distinct before :D

cmpman1974

A few more pods harvested today to show the variation in pod shapes and sized with this variety.

Chris

P1070276.jpg

Negrito
A few more pods harvested today to show the variation in pod shapes and sized with this variety.

Chris

P1070276.jpg

It resembles a lot to the seven yellow pod of Trines Hottie, perhaps also that derives from an intersection with the yellow morouga.

Thanks for the sharing

Talas
It resembles a lot to the seven yellow pod of Trines Hottie, perhaps also that derives from an intersection with the yellow morouga.

Thanks for the sharing

Theres so many plants that been crossed in Trinidad it gets crazy sometimes and Trini-Sra is just one of the growers there..A Really interesting holiday destination Negrito :rolleyes:

Lonewolf

Here some shots of my Morouga (seeds from Chris)

morouga1.jpg

morouga2.jpg

morouga3.jpg

tribo75

ma è un incrocio fra un t-scorpion e un 7 pod?

Is it a cross between a t-scorpion and a 7 pod?

Bonnet

Nagalone ti sei dimenticato di mettere la croce di sant'Andrea nelle ultime tue foto :rolleyes::w00t:;):lol:

Lonewolf

@tribo75: cosi' sembra (del resto blend significa proprio "mix")

@bonnet: :rolleyes:

Talas

Bella profondo colore rosso per i baccelli nagalone molto molto bella e calda :rolleyes:

cmpman1974

Pods ripen much deeper red in Italy Nagalone! :)

Chris

Lonewolf
Pods ripen much deeper red in Italy

These pods ripen in the balcony, full sun between 9am-18pm and daily temperatures always over 30°Celsius in the last two months (that is hot :))

tribo75

Nelle foto di cmpman1974 a parte il colore c'è poca differenza fra il morouga e il douglah, entrambi belli e minacciosi.

Comunque anche la forma assunta dai frutti di nagalone è molto bella, peccato che sono quasi sicuro che a me non verrebbero dei frutti così grandi :)

death by sexy

I Morouga Blend di Lonewolf sono i più bei peperoncini che io abbia mia visto. Non vedo l'ora di piantarli anchio. Ma vengono sempre così, rosso scuro e rugosi?

Bonnet

in foto sembrano terribilmente cattivi

Lonewolf

... e lo sono! :yes:

zampillo

ciao, scusate forse non è il topic esatto..domanda : quante qualità Trinidad Scorpion esistono?

..Ho appena comperato dei Trinidad Scorpion da Semillas...ma oggi in internet ho scoperto che ne esiste una nuova varietà :Butch Taylor....il massimo della piccantezza?

pioc

... Il top-hot dovrebbe appartenere alla variante antifona subbugliosa del Morouga.

il bolgherese

fantastici!!!