Sign in to follow this  
PepperLover

dont know the name

PepperLover

two unknown chilis

post-159-1218665194.jpg

post-159-1218665254.jpg

Lonewolf

The first one is quite similar to the variety called "Elisabeth" by Patahontas, but pods are a bit less elongated.

Look at the last messages in this topic.

https://www.pepperfriends.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=904

Also the leaves seems to be very dense and the plant compact; it remind a plant of mine that I called "The thing" because I don't know what is it; my plants didn't produce pods, but some flowers; do you have photoes of flowers of your first plant?

No info for the second plant besides it seems an ornamental C.annuum, sorry ...

Luca dalla Tailandia

The first looks clearly like Carnival and the second one should be " 5 color Chinese" sometimes called Chinese 5 colors (but not chinense).

They are "fancy or ornamental peppers" anyway. Lately many kind of such new "creations" of the same (or similar) kind are thrown at the market. They are sometimes hard to determinate, because the names change from distributor to dealer or shop. Perhaps next year, someone decides to give the same thing a different name, just because they may sell better - then you are screwed again B)

Lately I saw some add for a "new" pepper called 5 color Marble - but actually it was just the same as the known "Marble". But as "5 color marble" sounds better, they simply changed the name. Un vino vecchio in nuove bottiglie :lol:

It may be of a personal interest to know the actual names (which is understandable) - though you may also consider not bother or give them a name of your choice, before someone else is quicker. :lol: