SvenLittkowski

18°00'33.64" N 76°46'50.73" W - Sven

Lonewolf

Hmmmm, seems my postings add rather than change when I EDIT them. I use Firefox, latest version..

Besides, the link trick with IMG2 is not yet giving the desired results. Please see the thread in the "2013 Chilies" forum.

I modified your post in 2013 Chilies to make it work.

The sintax is [ img2 ] part of link after "What=" starting with "v/Lib" [ /img2 ]

You should not include the initial url as it's interpreted as an url, not part of the image name.

It works fine, as you can see in your first post in 2013 Chilies.

SvenLittkowski

Thanks a lot, LoneWolf. And thanks also to all the forums members, for their nice and wonderful Welcomes here for me.

Yes, chilies seem to grow very easy here, and to big sizes. Inside my Tropical Farm thread I will show you photos of the chili plants and the fruits they produce here, and also a lot of photos and videos about Jamaica.

And yes, anyone who wants to get seeds of the ENDEMIC JAMAICAN CHILIES, please simply let me know - we will exchange seeds!

Jamaica has three major types of chilies, of which two are endemic and one had been imported from Cuba.

- Jamaican Hot Scotch Bonnet: varieties in green, lime, yellow, peach, orange, red and brown - brown ultra hot - all smoky and raw with peach traces

- Jamaican Bird Pepper: varieties in green, yellow and red - medium heat

- Habanero: varieties in green, lime, yellow, orange and red - heat similar to JHSB - all smoky

And, interestingly, all types of hybrids are here, mainly between JHSB and HAB, but sometimes involving the JBP, too.

I would like to experiment to create fusions between Jamaican and Italian peppers! Who else wants?

nipotastro

uhm ... a cross between annum and chinense... good luck! :D

...as i will come in jamaica i'll made a pizza for you... :rofl:

SvenLittkowski

Here're some photos of what we got here in Jamaica:

Jamaica Hot Scotch Bonnet, varieties in green, lime, yellow, peach, orange, red, and brown (chocolate)

Photo0737.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Jamaica Hot Scotch Bonnet, varieties in green, lime, yellow, peach, orange, red, and brown (chocolate)

Photo0091.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Photo0092.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Photo0093.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Jamaican "Pepper Pot" with JHSB and HAB (where Pepper Pot is here the name of a local dish)

Photo0110.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Jamaican Purple Starapple

Photo0094.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Photo0095.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Photo0096.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Jamaican Nesberry: veeery sweet, strong cinnamon-reminding flavor, very juicy, great for baking, cocktails, cooking, salads, etc.

Photo0097.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Jamaican Otaheite Apple (originally from Tahiti): sweetish, juicy, but medium-strength in flavor

Photo0100.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Jamaican Otaheite Apple (originally from Tahiti): sweetish, juicy, but medium-strength in flavor

Photo0101.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Jamaican Guinep: sweet, medium juiciness, good flavor but big single seed

Photo0107.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Jamaican Guinep: sweet, medium juiciness, good flavor but big single seed

Photo0108.jpg&Width=800&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00

Lonewolf

I always thought that the "true" Jamaican Scotch Bonnet was the one with the flat shape, like a Scottish cap (hence the name)

Can you tell us something about this?

SvenLittkowski

Yes and no, so far as I can say. In general, the JHSB (Jamaican Hot Scotch Bonnets) are supposed to be flat, more wide than tall that means. Just like that Scottish traditional hat. But I observe all over a wide variety of shapes. I believe, evolution never stopped in Jamaica. Natural factors seem to cause still a wide variety of changes to the original JHSB, and another factor might also be natural, unintended cross-pollination with the other Caribbean/Jamaican chili varieties, such as the Habanero and in some cases with the Jamaican Bird Pepper.

But testing them, all have that typical JHSB flavor (peach-alike when raw) and that distinctive smoky base.

Please look at my seed exchange thread, I am offering seeds of any Jamaican chili and ofm any other Jamaican plant. :)