SvenLittkowski

18°00'33.64" N 76°46'50.73" W - Sven

SvenLittkowski

Hi!

I am living in Kingston, Jamaica, and joined this chili forum because I share the fascination for chili peppers, and always welcome seed exchanges with people around the world.

On my little Farm, I grow many different plants, chilies among them, and I do also cross-pollination.

Another thing I do, is maritime archaeology. I reconstruct ancient Roman ships. The US-American author Stephen M. Miller has recently published three books which show a little bit of my work in that field.

PS: I am NOT living in Brazil, but the registration form did not allow me to select the correct country... :-)

Vincer

Welcome Sven!!!

Ciao

Vincenzo

big jolokia

Hi Sven, welcome in Pepperfriends :)

roberto

Stefania

Welcome!

alemariacho

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your job its very interesting!!!

about peppers, have you some ibrid to show us?

Lonewolf

Welcome!

I added Jamaica in the list of countries and updated your profile

nessuno2006

welcome!!

pepperfriends also in jamaica!!

Ara Pacis

Welcome Sven!!!

Mitrandin

Jamaica!! fantastic let us dream a bit of your warm and beautifull sun... as you know, we are (here in Italy) just about leaving winter.... a cold white winter...

we are becoming more and more international!

grispa72

Welcome!!! Maybe be is Jamaica the perfect country to grow up peppers?

We wait poctures from you about your plants and hybrids.

Paolo

Pepe d'India

Benvenuto tra noi dalla bella Jamaica!

SvenLittkowski

I will create a thread about my "Little Farm", which contains photos of my chilies but also about Jamaica.

Biiig thanks for the nice welcomes here!

Years ago, I was often in Italy, because of archaeological events. Oh man I miss all the Italian food and the plazas of Rome...

SvenLittkowski

I just tried to create the thread about my tropical farm, but when trying to link ("") to all the photos on my server, I get the error: :That extension is not permitted". All my photos are JPGs (.jpg). What can I do? Can an admin help me?

Rapace

Welcome to pepperfriends Sven,

About your pictures, maybe the problem is the size, try resizing them 800x600 (or less).

There is also a limit for each message (sorry I cannot be more precise, what i suggest is to try adding just one picture in a post and then create an additional post with more pictures).

Another option is to create your own photo album (look at the options in the first row on top - just below the "Pepperfriends logo" and choose "Gallery" on right, then follow the instructions, upload your photos and then refer to them using "my media" option in the post options).

I'm sure someone else will help you as well.

Lonewolf

Sven, jpg extension is allowed (of course); please, verify to write the link in the correct mode, maybe you have omitted or added some extra charachters at the end of the name.

Please, also note that uploading images directly on the forum should be the preferred method (but of course you can link images elsewhere if you already have a great gallery)

peperonzino

Welcome Swen!!

May the pepper be with you!!

Ciao

Renato

SvenLittkowski

May the Power of the Holy Chili be with you all, too. May the Capsaicin be our path, our blood and flesh, and our spirit. :queen:

Thanks for the JPG answers. I have my own server, and there are multiple dozens of GB of photos on it. Also many dozens of GB of videos. They are larger, but with my server scripting (PHP) I already show them in 800x600. Let me give here a sample code:

[ img ]http://www.SvenLittk...MyFarm/Capsicum (Peppers and Chilies)/2010-09-06/100_2579.JPG&Width=800&FXs=B-20C+10A+00+00+00S+00[ / img ]

Lonewolf

The problem with images is that the forum software considers as extension all what follows the ".", in this case starting from ".php5"

I'll try to work around this issue.

In the meanwhile you can publish some photos as links, as in this example

http://www.svenlittk...0A+00+00+00S+00

Not the same, but it works ...

Lonewolf
100_2579.JPG&Width=800&FXs=B-20C+10A+00+

Lonewolf

Sven, you can use the [ img2 ] and [ /img2 ] tags (without spaces) including in tags only the name of the image and options (that is the part after "What="); result is as in the above example.

Process seems quite slow, but let's try.

SvenLittkowski

Hmm, where's my last posting? I am going to post it again.

-----------------

May the Power of the Holy Chili be with you all, may the Capsaicin be your path, your flesh, your spirit and your destiny. :queen:

Here is the way I used the IMG tag. The images were already downsized to 800 pixels in the width.

[ img ]http://www.SvenLittkowski.name/Image.php5?What=v/Lib/Nature/MyFarm/Capsicum (Peppers and Chilies)/2010-09-06/100_2579.JPG&Width=800&FXs=B-20C+10A+00+00+00S+00[ / img ]

I didn't use any space inside the IMG tags, of course. Doing it here just to make the things visible. When I used the IMG tag, it doesn't accepts the JPG extension. What's going wrong, who can assist?

Lonewolf

The img tag doesn't work with your full url because the forum software doesn't recognize correctly the extension of the image.

You should use instead a sintax like this (that is the part of your url after "What="):

[ img2 ]v/Lib/Nature/MyFarm/Capsicum%20%28Peppers%20and%20Chilies%29/2010-09-06/100_2579.JPG&Width=800&FXs=B-20C+10A+00+00+00S+00[ /img2 ]

Trimming the spaces (added to make it visible), it works correctly (only with your website!)

100_2579.JPG&Width=800&FXs=B-20C+10A+00+

SvenLittkowski

Thanks, will do it that way. :-)

SvenLittkowski

Will try. Thanks a lot!

PS:

Did you guys know that there's plenty pizza here in Jamaica? But alas - only the US chains Domino Pizza and Pizza Hut. The real Italian pizze are nowhere available here, and I miss them a lot! Who want's to offer me a download of a nice, juicy, fleshy pizza so I can have it this evening? :-D

SvenLittkowski

Hmmmm, seems my postings add rather than change when I EDIT them. I use Firefox, latest version..

Besides, the link trick with IMG2 is not yet giving the desired results. Please see the thread in the "2013 Chilies" forum.

On my server, up to "v/Lib" (included) the URL for all photos and videos will be identical. Anything after LIB can change.

The display might be slow, because my special parameter usage calls a small PHP page, which alters the image. With these parameters, i can upload photos from my cell phone (mobile) anywhere I am to my server without the use of any graphic software, and the parameters get out the best from each image, on individual usage. Like a remote-controlled graphic program, I'm kinda proud about that code. I never really like digital photos or cell phone photos, because they still require so much enhancements.