Sign in to follow this  
.:Dam:.

Ciao, un saluto a tutti dalla Finlandia

I´ve been reading this forum over a year now and finally I decided to register. And I think it would be rude not to introduce myself... I´ve been growing chilies for about 7 years now, my oldest chiles are almost that old and those are still alive, barely. Why I wanted to register to Italian forum, few reasons to that. I really like this forum, always joy to read about your growing systems etc, kind a different what we are used to do up here north. At work I have some contacts to italians, mainly Modena area, (and no, its not Pagani Automobili... ) and this is quite good place to learn more Italian language I think. We have our own forum in Finlandia but I have noticed that I spend more time here.

Allora, right now I have some plants from last summer, tomatoes as Pantano Romanesco and 3 other. Chilies what I have are annuum, baccatum, chinense and pubescens. I do not grow these just to eat those, I also like to collect those and I am not so disappointed if I cannot get anything to eat at first year. Renewing my apartment so compromises needed to be done. Black Naga did not get to flowering stage at all, Naga Morich pods were tiny, Trinidad Perfume got just 2 pods and so on. Cold and wet summer. Turbo Pube Red and Canario got some flowers but those dropped quite soon. First year with Pubescens though... Annuums were bit more generous with pods but harvest was really tiny. Chin up towards to new disappointments :logik: This year I have high hopes with Abbraccio what my friend sent to me.

IMG_3380.JPG

Sorry about huge size photo :unknw: non capito about resize it.

Top sinistra to destra, Capsicum Rhomboideum, Aji Cacho de Cabra (annuum), Caterpillar (FruxChi), CAP 502 (Frutescens)

middle Abbraccio (annuum), Tabasco (frutescens, dead) Tabasco Greenleaf (frutescens, also dead) Small Thai Hot (maybe annuum)

Bottom CAP 499 (chacoënse), Tepin (annuum var glabriusculum), Capezzoli di Scimmia (chinense) and capsicum Lanceolatum.

These are my latest bambinas. Some are replanted but looks more or less about to dying. Were too small to be replanted. I still have some time for next summer and still have some seeds so no panic.

IMG_3208.jpg

Kitchen table few months ago with some chilies and my garden helper.

IMG_3133.JPG

Living room with 90W led UFO, some of chilies and tomatoes.

IMG_7925.jpg

Last summer at my balcony. Lemon cucumber and some of my chilies. As you can see, I need to renew balcony also. Some shelves to about window level to plants to get more sun and to get more plants :shifty:

Mi scusi about picture sizes. I have a blog about my "garden" if you want to see more pictures and use google translate to understand a bit.

Distinti saluti,

• Like 1

Vincer

benvenuto dam!!!

ciao

Vincenzo

Stefania

Welcome!

pistillo

Welcome!

mayta

What a wonderful garden helper you have :wub:

welcome :flowers:

Maurizio

You and your cat are welcome.

Congratulations on your plants

Maverick

IMG_3208.jpg

Kitchen table few months ago with some chilies and my garden helper.

(...)

Welcome Dam!!.

Everyone has his gardner helper...

post-1035-0-24035100-1360354125.jpg

nessuno2006

welcome!

Rapace

Welcome Dam,

It's very intersting (and amazing) for me to see those beautiful plants grown in Finland.....

If you're interested in resizing picture i find on the forum (in the software/download section) an interesting free sw called "irfanview" with which you can easily resize pictures - try !

... And what about the blackcat ! Guardate che baffi !

alemariacho

Welcome to our forum!!!!!

Ara Pacis

Ciao Dam, how are you?

welcome ;) .

Finlandia, beautiful :clover:

Mino

Lonewolf

Welcome Dam, it's nice to have members who lives so far from Italy!

Irfanview (already mentioned by Rapace) is perfect to resize photo, however the forum uploader resize them automatically (but need more time if they are very big and sometimes hang)

Pepe d'India

Benvenuto Dam!

E' molto interessante per noi conoscere un appassionato di peperoncini in Finlandia!

Buone coltivazioni 2013!

big jolokia

Hi Dam, welcome in Pepperfriends :)

roberto

grispa72

Welcome Dam, we wait your thread in "Our cultivation 2013" (Le Nostre Coltivazioni 2013) section.

What a big mustache your cat...

I hope you will reach your hot goals for 2013 year!!!

Paolo

Welcome Dam!!.

Everyone has his gardner helper...

post-1035-0-24035100-1360354125.jpg

:rofl:

Aww, nero gatta, splendido! Same expression what my cat has when I put bags on flowers to get pure seeds. "Why these, why I cannot smell those?" My automatic pollinator she is. Behaves very nicely with plants, so joyful (and noisy) when I buy new plants and starts to suck leaves on those. 3 accidents though; 3 tiny holes in Naga Morich leaf after she sucked that, one branch cut of when she went after a bird and Chocolate Fatalii went from 1.5 meter to 15 cm after she dropped on that during her acrobatic show. And actually it was good for that plant, more branches and more bushier.

Welcome Dam,

It's very intersting (and amazing) for me to see those beautiful plants grown in Finland.....

If you're interested in resizing picture i find on the forum (in the software/download section) an interesting free sw called "irfanview" with which you can easily resize pictures - try !

... And what about the blackcat ! Guardate che baffi !

I worried about nothing, pictures looks just fine. This forum software has more intelligence that our, in our forum I need to add width=600 or 800 between img tags. This does it automatically which is good thing. I have Photoshop and Pixelmator to manipulate pictures and resize too but normally I put pictures as those are without any fixing, not even colors. In Finland we have saying "one picture says more than 1000 words, 2 women says more than 1000 pictures. Bigger the pics are, better that way. I checked on my phone and it scaled just fine. This forum software is so much better than ours, I need to speak to my people to change our forum platform to this.

About growing these plants in Finlandia, its easy :sorcerer: just plant it and grow it, thats about it. Winter times are sometimes quite fatal but most growers here bin plants at autumn and put new plants to grow in january. With some extra lights its possible to keep plants alive or cut those down and put somewhere dark and cold place. In end of march day and night are both 12 hours, in end of june sun does not go down at all. In winter my Italian friends are are asking where is the sun, what kind a sorcery I have used to keep sun blocked. At summer they take pictures in about midnight about window and clock to prove their friends that sun does not go down.

Temperature is at summer between 20 to 30 C° so its good for these plants. At winter temperature is -20 to -30 C° and that is the level when I wear extra trousers with jeans and boxers. -20 C° is ok but -30 C° is nasty because I live close the sea so I need to change boxers to down to ankle version.

500 years ago we did not even have apples, too cold and cruel winter to grow those. But now we do have and even apple threes too in nature. Naturally we are hoping that we could grow chilies here too in nature. One man forgot his Capsicum Flexuosum outside, at max -25°, average was -15 C° and plant was still alive. Naturally we try to make this one first to survive our nature in winter. We need to use wild ones because domesticated are too "spoiled" for us.

Welcome Dam, it's nice to have members who lives so far from Italy!

Irfanview (already mentioned by Rapace) is perfect to resize photo, however the forum uploader resize them automatically (but need more time if they are very big and sometimes hang)

I found that out when I posted first post. Takes some time but it looks good and does not take space on forum server. I have time to wait for upload.

Actually I am not only forum member from finland. This is so good forum that we are pleased to be here.

Benvenuto Dam!

E' molto interessante per noi conoscere un appassionato di peperoncini in Finlandia!

Buone coltivazioni 2013!

Anche a te! Not sure if that is correct way to say but this is how I learn more to speak Italian.

Welcome Dam, we wait your thread in "Our cultivation 2013" (Le Nostre Coltivazioni 2013) section.

What a big mustache your cat...

I hope you will reach your hot goals for 2013 year!!!

Paolo

Maybe I really should start a thread in le nostre coltivazioni 2013. In our forum I just have photo album about plants and my blog.

About gatta, I got her as barely used. Previous owner wondered what name to give and her friends proposed mustache related names. But she gave name Chili Lola. But because her behavior, name extended to Prinsessa (=Princess) because her was so much as princess. Always something was wrong, wrong food, wrong tv show and so on. For me she screams in living room until I go to see her lying on floor. I cant touch her, I am forced just sit and watch her lying on floor and crawl on carpet. What a muppet am I... Her full name is now Prinsessa Chili Lola Mono Faccia. Her previous owner complained that she has only one expression on her face so name now is quite accurate.

Buone Coltivazione 2013 a tutti!

nipotastro

welcome!

(...to the cat too :D)

Lonewolf

One man forgot his Capsicum Flexuosum outside, at max -25°, average was -15 C° and plant was still alive.

I tried the same past year.

Temperatures were not so low, minimum -11°C, but plants were outdoor all the winter and survived, even if they lost all leaves and youger branches.

This year winter was not so cold (-5° or -6°C as a minimum, till now) and plants are older and in a bigger pot (with the roots and stem more protected); they are still full of leaves, I think they will survive easily.

This features of C.flexuosum is very interested, we should try to hybrid with cultivated species to see if the genes can be trasferred.

Your cat is really very nice ... and the plants too!

Federico

Benvenuto

peperonzino

Hi Dam!!!

May the pepper be with you!!!

Ciao

Renato.

zanna

welcome aboard