meatfreak

Meatfreak 2012 Growlog

infuocato

Congratulations! Wonderful!

I'm very envious of your plants, but I have to endure another month because I do not have a lot of space at home!

For the unborn, wait and be patient!

vitagliano

Wonderfull :good:

cossuziggy

Great!!!!

Maverick

(...) I except the reason for the low germination rate is that the top of the plugs dry out very quickly wich damages the seeds when drying up again. Next time I'm gonna use the Denomethod again like I did before, that way the seed stays more moist and doesnt dry up so quickly.

(...)

Quote!

meatfreak

Quote!

What do you mean with that, Maverick? :)

I see I mistyped except > expect.

Maverick

What do you mean with that, Maverick? :)

I see I mistyped except > expect.

Ahahaha! My English is...imperfect!!, so I didn't see the mistake...but I understood what you mean and I agree with you that one possible cause of your low germination degree it's the quickly drying of seeds...

meatfreak

Ahahaha! My English is...imperfect!!, so I didn't see the mistake...but I understood what you mean and I agree with you that one possible cause of your low germination degree it's the quickly drying of seeds...

Aah no problem :good: About the germination, it's a lesson learned the hard way I guess. No more plugs for me, it's too much work to mist them everyday. But let it be a tip for everyone who wants too use them.

RHCPepper

you contry is the best on the world for the indoor coltivation... right? :hi:

can u talk us about your lightbox?

configuration, lamp etc.. thanks!

good job! :good:

meatfreak

Not sure if we are the best, but we do our best :)

My final lightbox still isn't finished yet, but the general idea is a setup isolated with tempex covered with black/white foil for maximum light reflection. In the box are 2 CFL 125watt 6400K blue lights, together enough for 3m². I experimented in my temporary light setup and I've read you needed 2700K red lights for flowering and setting pods but it worked just fine under the blue light also. Unfornately I couldn't test if the pods would ripe under the light because the plants grew too big ;)

I will post pictures of the lightbox when I'm making it and the finished version.

RHCPepper

The best the best...

I'm waiting for your work!

meatfreak

Hello! It's time for another update after 24 days icon_razz.gif

Habanero Zavory and Habanero Yellow Bumpy

IMAG0195.jpg

In the front Habanero Tasmanian Chocolate F-1, behind that 2x Habanero Big Jamaican and next to it Habanero Long Chocolate.

IMAG0194.jpg

On the left Pimenta Leopard and to the right Habanero Big Sun

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

Love the purple color on this little plant.

IMAG0190-1.jpg

The ones that were the last to germinate don't grow that well, not even their first set of real leaves after a week. If they don't shape up soon I will re-try those particular varieties.

The leaves have a strange color, a bit purple-brownish.

IMAG0187-1.jpg

IMAG0179-1.jpg

It's still crowded but they will have to wait another week before I can place them in my new growbox.

IMAG0177-1.jpg

This week my order of Chilli Focus came in, I'm good for the next couple of years icon_lol.gif

IMAG0198.jpg

So far I'm pretty satisfied with the progress of my plants, most of them are doing great and are growing really fast.

meatfreak

The best the best...

I'm waiting for your work!

It's gonna take a little bit longer, I'm really busy at the moment with other stuff that I couldn't make it yet :(

RHCPepper

i think that your plats are simply beautifull! Very compliments for your job!

And i'm waiting the ultimate version despite the last make it a great work :hi:

vitagliano

Nice job, wonderfull plants ;)

meatfreak

New update, most of my plants are doing great after almost 5 weeks. I moved the bigger ones into my propagator and left the small ones in the lightbox. Hopefully they will grow a bit better now they have more space.

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0230-1.jpg

IMAG0231-1.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0235-1.jpg

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0245-1.jpg

My 20 days old SB7J, still very small.

IMAG0246-1.jpg

I'm gonna need to repot the bigger ones soon because the roots are already coming out of the pot.

infuocato

Hi Meatfreak! Your plants are wonderful! :clapping:

I reread the topicand I have found nothing about the setup of your light-box.

What about your lights? and the temperatures? how they are managed?

Sorry, but I'm curious. :pardon:

Toolshed

Any photo of your light box?

@infuocato:

actually meatfrog uses two lamps 125W 6400K per 3 square m

infuocato

Any photo of your light box?

@infuocato:

actually meatfrog uses two lamps 125W 6400K per 3 square m

:thumbsup:

meatfreak

Thanks, guys. I don't regulate the temperature in the lightbox is just as it is, the room where it's in is around 20°C. Inside the box its around 28°C. It's still a temporary lightbox. As soon if I have finished my new one I will post pictures of that also.

meatfreak

Not yet, because you are using soil that has enough fertilizer in it for say, 6-8 weeks. The soil I use is cocopeat and has no fertilizer at all, that's why I feed them. If the fertilizer on those pictures is good, I don't know. Won't hurt too try I guess :)

jo6kanpepper

Not yet, because you are using soil that has enough fertilizer in it for say, 6-8 weeks. The soil I use is cocopeat and has no fertilizer at all, that's why I feed them. If the fertilizer on those pictures is good, I don't know. Won't hurt too try I guess :)

I understand, thanks for the advice :)

Piccantilly

Hi meatfreak, last season i have cultivated H. Condors Beak that is very hard to germinate, the variety is quite ornamental and the taste is less than palatable (my own opinion), moreover the fruits rotted quickly, even on the plant

.... therefore dont worry if you'll have not Condors Beak :lol:

meatfreak

Hi meatfreak, last season i have cultivated H. Condors Beak that is very hard to germinate, the variety is quite ornamental and the taste is less than palatable (my own opinion), moreover the fruits rotted quickly, even on the plant

.... therefore dont worry if you'll have not Condors Beak :lol:

Thanks for the info, it did look like an interesting variety to grow tho :) I already replaced it with (Scotch Bonnet) Safi. Also added CGN 22207, CGN 21566 and Habanero Guadalupe Black to my list since I got some more space for extra plants. Next week I'm gonna do the second part of my growlist.

In the meantime after only 5 weeks my Big Jamaican plant is making buds already :huh: Not sure if I should remove them since it's a bit too early for flowers already. It's still in a p9 pot, gonna repot it too a 4liter pot this weekend.

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0272.jpg

RHCPepper

How long are yours plants now?

And the distance between lamp/plants?