Sign in to follow this  
Talas

`Habolokia`Choclate Habanero x Bhutt(Bih) Jolokia

Talas

mini-DSC02503.jpg

The Habolokia or the Choclate Habanero x Bhutt(Bih) Jolokia started life as a number of cross projects from myself,greg my brother and my cousin mark and also a few close friends who had exprience growing chillis in 2006/early 2007 a number of varietys where chosen..some are still onging.

mini-DSC02506.jpg

The Chocolate Habanero and Bhutt/Bih Jolikia 6 plants of each where chosen for crossing and all plants had been islolated and where `pure`.Tbag method was used for isolation in all grows.

Greg/Mark have facility for growing all year round so batches could be produced quickly through hydroponic and agriculture floresecent lights.

The crossings produced some viable seed and 5 of us planted the seed in around may/june 2007,the results where mixed and we grew in f1/f2/f3 stages through 2007/2008 the f3 stain showed the best results with about 25/30 plants and consistant peppers in size/Color/abundance.

mini-DSC02504.jpg

Hydroponic systems where used,as was soil growing,cocoa it seems that the habolokia thrived when we grew them all in Hydroponic systems (NFT/Airoponic)n f2/f3 stages with consistant nutrients across all grows..topgrow.

mini-DSC02507.jpg

This cross was a lucky one in terms of producing a plant with consistant traits of both parents, flavor being the most important and regular fruit with heavey cropping and to grow in cooler or very hot enviroments.

Although crossing plants in the C.chinese variety is fairly straight forward and many varietys in the Naga/Jolokia/7pot/Scorpion have apperead in the last few years getting consistant results is not always easy as first it might seem

and aim at the beginning for what you whish to achieve is wise as using as many plants as possible as different results most arise after f1 stages and stabilty is always what you need to be looking for as your final result.

Its now grown In North America/Southa America/Australia and Across the Eurozone and by many friends here.

mini-DSC02510.jpg

mini-DSC02511.jpg

mini-DSC02509.jpg

Talas

• Like 1

alemariacho

W

O

W

HoRuS

mostruoso!

Bonnet

nice nice cross Talas and big news. So now the variety is stable? right? And about the flavor?

Barcello
the variety is stable? right? And about the flavor?

tell tell!! :crying:

Lonewolf

Ragazzi, si parla del "solito" habolokia, quello che tutti avete gia' assaggiato e apprezzato.

E' ultra-stabile.

Talas e' stato così gentile da raccontarci la storia dell'inizio di questa varieta', finora sconosciuta.

Da notare che gia' nel 2007 era uguale alla forma attuale ... incredibile, considerando che i super-hot erano apparsi sulla scena solo l'anno precedente!

Talas
nice nice cross Talas and big news. So now the variety is stable? right? And about the flavor?

Stable in 2008 as you can see and flavor Retained enough of the Choc Habanero taste with the Fire and deep burn of the Jolokia, makes Terrific powder,Pickles well and a great Sauce.

Bonnet

sorry Talas i read the topic too fast and i lost the "habolokia" tag. I thought about a new cross. I grown habolokia from your seeds (you sent me) some years ago :yes:

• Thanks 1

vitagliano

Wonderful

• Thanks 1

mich

Thank you Talas sharing the Habolokia's history :yes:

• Thanks 1

Matheus

Più bello di tutti!

• Thanks 1

Lonewolf

... e anche tra i piu' "cattivi" :yes:

• Thanks 1

Rapace

Salve

Vorrei avere qualche informazioni in piu' sulla pianta (è il primo anno che coltivo questa varietà)

In particolare vedo che la mia pianta ha foglie molto grandi e sembra avere le premesse per diventare una pianta molto grande.

E' corretta la mia sensazione ?

Ho letto che è molto produttiva..... quanti peppers ci si possono aspettare in una stagione ?

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I'm asking additional information about the plant (this is the first season I'm growing this cultivar).

My plant has very large leaves and seems to grow quite quickly.

I have the feeling that the plants will grow high, is my feeling correct ?

How many pods should I expect in the end of the season ?

• Thanks 1

Lonewolf

Confermo le rilevazioni di Rapace.

Le foglie "a lenzuolo" sono tipiche dell'habolokia nelle prime fasi della crescita.

E' anche una pianta che tende a crescere in altezza ben oltre la media degli altri superhot, eguagliato solo dal "Mulatto".

Non ho mai contato i frutti di una pianta, ma e' comunque molto produttiva.

• Thanks 1