PepperLover

hey every one i always wonders :lol: what is the (smallest pepper -pod- in the world) . if some one knows it plz let me know and if some one has seeds i will be happy to have some

lets see what every one belives about what is the smallest pepper?

:lol:

Lonewolf

The smallest pod I saw is a Tepin I grew past years; pods were much smaller than standard chiltepins, about half of a small pea.

Some seeds of that variety should be in the envelope I sent you yesterday.

I guess however there are even smaller pods; for example the tiny plants of C.lanceolatum I'm growing this year should have very small pods judging by seeds size, almost invisible! (sorry, I've no seed to send for this one)

PepperLover

thank you X for ur valuable information :lol: i really appreciate you and ur help i cant wait to plant the seeds you sent me .. agine thank you very much :lol:

JohnF

In addition to X's eximium-some other small ones. Hard to say which is smallest as they vary within the variety

PepperLover

hey john very nice pic make me sad i dont have any of them now ur in big problem bcz i will be bugging you to send me some of these realy small chiles i know not now :P but u better remmber me in winter or i will go to mian my self and get the seeds from you lolol .. yes you are teasing me with these amazing chiles i will save the names of which i wish to have and mail them for u in the winter when u have more time and more seeds ... but any ways amazing ART mr john ....

keep going ... and we are so happy to ahve you in this website . :lol:

my best wishes for you

whocares

Hi John, very nice peppers indeed! But one knows that you're a real Pepper Guru :lol: I love your pdbase pictures. Always seeing them again and again :lol:

Now I'd like to put here a question for you. I would really appreciate if you could answer me. I know that just this one picture is not enough for a precise identification, but I have nothing more, so I'm just hoping for an educated guess :lol:

A friend of mine sent me those peppers but I haven't the faintest idea of its name and species. I tasted some seeds they have a medium heat, I guess .

Thanks and have a nice weekend :(

post-148-1208601143.jpg

alb

Hi, Margarida!

What is the colour of the seeds?

So it will be possible to reduce the possibilities.

whocares

Hi alb

They are like this :lol:

Do you have any idea at what it could be?

post-148-1208623496.jpg

JohnF

whocares

Pretty hard to identify. Could be one of several varieties of several species--C. annuum, C. cardenasii, C. eximium, C. praetermissum, or even galapagoense. A picture of the flowers and leaves could narrow ( maybe to the species) it down but still there are a lot of small round red peppers.

whocares

Thanks John, that's what I thought :lol: I guess I must let it grow, and then post the pictures of the plant and flowers :lol: Thank you to bother, anyway :lol:

Have a nice weekend

Margarida

alb

The colours of the seeds reduces only a little bit the range: e.g., Cardenasii seeds should be dark brown.

The flowers, of course, could help the identification.

whocares

Look Alb, John, I found this picture on the web. They look just like mine ! It´s from a Tepin. Do you think mine could be from a Tepin?

post-148-1208708503.jpg

Lonewolf

Small pods:

Fresh chiltepins, bolivian wild, c.chacoense ... the pod at the bottom of the photo looks quite small, but tepins which I mentioned above were far smaller; I didn't find any photo, but I've still a lot of folders on which search ...

piccoli.jpg

Dried small pods: from left to right, a tiny Short yellow tabasco, Zimbabwe Bird Pepper and various chiltepins.

piccoli5.jpg

Chiltepins produce small pods, BUT ... a lot of pods!

piccoli3.jpg

whocares

Thanks X, Nagalone. I know we can't make a reliable identification without the plant and the flowers, but from what Claudio showed, I still think they´re more similar to the tepin, or chiltepin, because they are all quite round, and very small, and the fruit, when dried, becomes practically only the shell, which is very thin.

Thank you all. I think we came as close to an identification as we could :lol:

Have a nice week

Margarida