Sign in to follow this  
donnie

Pimenta Morango

donnie

Got this incredible variety from a brazilian chilihead last year - it is one of my favourite peppers as it is very beautiful, very tasty and very hot.

It sets it fruits in clusters, they are upright growing, flowers and leaves have purple on them, fruits have a nice aroma and are very hot.

I grew it in am small pot and it did alright, but I guess it would be even more beautiful grown in the ground or in a larger container...

It is very much alike Pimenta da Neyde, but I think it looks better, and it has the advantage that it will ripen from deep purple to a deep red.

I have also made a cross with Small Wild from Mexico (syn. Piquin de Ischia?) and will try to grow it this year...

I don't have seeds of the cross, but if you want seeds of "the real deal", i.e. Pimenta Morango, just drop me a PM. ;)

post-123-1203512673.jpg

post-123-1203512683.jpg

post-123-1203512730.jpg

post-123-1203512741.jpg

post-123-1203512771.jpg

Lonewolf

Hi Donnie, welcome to this forum (Why don't you present yourself in the topic for new members presentation?)

This variety seems very nice!

I'm interested to some seeds, let me know if you like something from my seeds list (see Seeds exchange)

nipotastro
[...]

It sets it fruits in clusters, they are upright growing, flowers and leaves have purple on them, fruits have a nice aroma and are very hot.

[...]

welcome (a)board ;)

could you explain what kind of "nice aroma" is? ....smells?

have you a pic of the front of flower?...

thanks

donnie
welcome (a)board ;)

could you explain what kind of "nice aroma" is? ....smells?

have you a pic of the front of flower?...

thanks

Nice aroma is something quite alike the aroma you would normally find in chinenses, fruity/smoky/tropical, hard to describe...

The best picture of the front of flower is this...

post-123-1203513898.jpg

nipotastro
Nice aroma is something quite alike the aroma you would normally find in chinenses, fruity/smoky/tropical, hard to describe...

The best picture of the front of flower is this...

thanks, my curiosity was: the taste smells like chinense or something else?

strange the flower colours: light-purplish in the external side and not inthere... do you know if is a cross?

Anyway, very interesting plant!

donnie
thanks, my curiosity was: the taste smells like chinense or something else?

strange the flower colours: light-purplish in the external side and not inthere... do you know if is a cross?

Anyway, very interesting plant!

As I said, flavour is chinense-like and hot.

Don't think we are dealing with a cross, since my the seeds I received turned into a plant that looked exactly like the variety Pimenta Morango described by Brazilian chilihead, Cleo. :angry: