Sign in to follow this  
AlexH

Chinese Peppers

AlexH

Hi all,

Sorry it's been so long since I posted something new, but now it's time to begin thinking about 2011, and I start with a little problem:

I recieved from my Father and Sister who have recently been to China two packets of seeds...

post-638-1293698333.jpg

I don't know the variety (although they look like some kind of Annuum variety, possibly derived from Cayenne or something similar?? ...any ideas?)

Here's the problem: on one of the packets is a "warning" written in English, but all of the other information is provided only in Chinese!! ...can anyone understand what the warning refers to? (and why I should not try to grow these at home??!)

post-638-1293698362.jpg

Here's the text from the back of the packet...

post-638-1293698377.jpg

Also from the other one in case it helps?!

post-638-1293698388.jpg

If there is someone who can translate and you need a higher resolution image please let me know!!

Thanks all, and happy new year!

Alex

Lonewolf

Hi Alex, welcome back!

English warning may refer to the facts that pods are "hot", dangerous to grow at home where there are children ...

Also maybe seeds are treated with poison (to avoid fungus/insects attack) and must be managed with care.

Smaller type lloks like DeArbol, quite spread in China.

No idea about the chinese text ;)

AlexH

Hi, Thanks Claudio!! ;)

I wondered if that might be the case (about some kind of treatment on the seeds etc), I also thought they might be in some way genetically modified... do you think it's possible??

...if you want any...???!!! :yahoo:;)