Sign in to follow this  
ChiliDude

Peperoncini macinati

ChiliDude

Greetings,

I had an abundance of chiles in my very small garden along with a surprise this past summer (2007). The Kung Pao hybrid plants produced thousands of pods continually well into October. A rare occurrence to have pods developing that late into the autumn. The serrano chiles produced well also. An unexpected crosspollinated hybrid also grew. It was the accidental cross between a Chocolate Habanero and an unknown C. annuum. The pods looked like slightly wrinkled jalapenos and were orange when ripe. I grew no jalapenos last year, but there were Kung Pao, serrano and cayenne chiles in last years garden. There also were Peperone di Senise plants in last year's garden.

Peperoncini macinati was made from pods of several cultivars including the surprise crosspollinated hybrid. I steamed the chiles before processing them. The ingredients without measurements were as follows...

Steamed chile pods, stems removed but seeds kept

several fresh garlic cloves

ground cumin

ground coriander

extra virgin olive oil

These ingredients were mixed in a food processor. The peperoncini macinato recipe is based on several 'Harissa' recipes. I prefer to use the Italian name than that of North Africa.

Grifo
Greetings,

I had an abundance of chiles in my very small garden along with a surprise this past summer (2007). The Kung Pao hybrid plants produced thousands of pods continually well into October. A rare occurrence to have pods developing that late into the autumn. The serrano chiles produced well also. An unexpected crosspollinated hybrid also grew. It was the accidental cross between a Chocolate Habanero and an unknown C. annuum. The pods looked like slightly wrinkled jalapenos and were orange when ripe. I grew no jalapenos last year, but there were Kung Pao, serrano and cayenne chiles in last years garden. There also were Peperone di Senise plants in last year's garden.

Peperoncini macinati was made from pods of several cultivars including the surprise crosspollinated hybrid. I steamed the chiles before processing them. The ingredients without measurements were as follows...

Steamed chile pods, stems removed but seeds kept

several fresh garlic cloves

ground cumin

ground coriander

extra virgin olive oil

These ingredients were mixed in a food processor. The peperoncini macinato recipe is based on several 'Harissa' recipes. I prefer to use the Italian name than that of North Africa.

Hi,

But excuse peppers were fresh or dried?

ChiliDude

Sorry for the omission of this information. The chiles were fresh from my garden. Also, the minced mixture was topped with a layer of olive oil after filling a container with the mixture.

Hi,

But excuse peppers were fresh or dried?