Sign in to follow this  
Reyna

Seeking Wild Capsicums

Reyna

Hello,

I am somewhat new to growing wild capsicums. I currently have 1 galapagoense plant that is about 5 months old. It is just now starting to bloom as is doing extremely well. It is 24-36 inches tall. I also have 6 chacoense plants that I have germinated from seed. The pod I grew them from had only 6 seeds and 6 plants grew from those seeds. They were planted about 5 months ago as well, but took 2 months to germinate! Currently I am seeking the following if you have please contact me. I have included a recent picture of my galapagoense.

C.caballeroi

C.ceratocalyx

C.tovarii

C.flexuosum

C.microcarpum

C.praetermissum

Danny

post-746-1281197838.jpg

Lonewolf

In october/november I'll be able to supply seeds of C.praetermissum, C.microcarpum, C.cardenasii, C.lanceolatum, C.galapagoense, C.exile, C.eximium ... maybe C.ciliatum too.

No chance for C.tovarii, my plant (2009) is not flowering this year.

I got also some unclassified peppers too, for example CGN 19198.

I'm growing C.flexuosum too, but it's still small; I've seeds from USDA, but very few and reserved for members of a i s p e s.

I think no one around will be able to get C.caballeroi and C.ceratocalyx seeds :lol:

Reyna

I figured that most people wouldn't have C.caballeroi and C.ceratocalyx, however it doesn't hurt to ask.

In the meantime, I'll have to attend to my galapagoense which I am manually pollinating with a q-tip.

I read somewhere that you can do that - hopefully it works for me as I moved that plant indoors to prevent it crossing with other peppers I have.

AlexH

Good to hear from you Reyna! ...good luck with the isolations/pollinations!