Sign in to follow this  
Flavio

habanero in olio di oliva

Flavio

Ciao a tutti! Ho messo dei habanero freschi nell'olio d'oliva dopo averli rosolati un poco ma sono andati a male in 2 giorni formando della schiumetta! chi mi puo ' aiutare, il mio scopo sarebbe di fare dell'olio piccante di habanero!

grazie in anticipo

AlexH
Ciao a tutti! Ho messo dei habanero freschi nell'olio d'oliva dopo averli rosolati un poco ma sono andati a male in 2 giorni formando della schiumetta! chi mi puo ' aiutare, il mio scopo sarebbe di fare dell'olio piccante di habanero!

grazie in anticipo

Sorry if I reply to you in English...

DO NOT USE THE OIL!!! ...It is possible that it will form Botulinum Toxin (one of the most powerful toxins known! :D )

I had the same problem when I made my first batch of chilli oil, the secret is that everything must be heated to over 120C.

I used the following technique and had good results on my second attempt:

Put the chillis in a low oven (around 100C) for about 15 minutes to dry them a bit.

Heat the oil you want to use gently to 120C in a pan. Add the chillis and take immediately off the heat. (They will fry a little bit but not much, and will keep a fresh flavour).

Pour the oil (while still hot) into a sterilised bottle. Seal and allow it to cool completely. Store it for at least a week in a dark place.

I hope this helps? :D

Flavio
Sorry if I reply to you in English...

DO NOT USE THE OIL!!! ...It is possible that it will form Botulinum Toxin (one of the most powerful toxins known! :D )

I had the same problem when I made my first batch of chilli oil, the secret is that everything must be heated to over 120C.

I used the following technique and had good results on my second attempt:

Put the chillis in a low oven (around 100C) for about 15 minutes to dry them a bit.

Heat the oil you want to use gently to 120C in a pan. Add the chillis and take immediately off the heat. (They will fry a little bit but not much, and will keep a fresh flavour).

Pour the oil (while still hot) into a sterilised bottle. Seal and allow it to cool completely. Store it for at least a week in a dark place.

I hope this helps? :D

THANK YOU i want to try :D

tribo75

Ciao Flavio, perchè non ti presenti al forum?

Riguardo l'uso dell'olio è possibile ma con qualche accorgiemnto.

O utilizzi dei peperoncini secchi, oppure puoi seguire la procedura descritta da Mich nella sezione olio piccante o in questa sterilizzazione al microonde .

Quello che dice AlexH è corretto, puoi far asciugare un po i frutti, scaldare l'olio senza fargli raggiungere il punto di fumo ( che per l'olio di oliva è di circa 170 gradi) e rosolarci i peperoncini, ovviamente tagliati almeno a metà.

Poi con l'olio ancora caldo trasferire tutto in barattolo sterilizzato.

Per scongiurare il botulino puoi far passare i peperoncini prima nell'aceto, infatti l'ambiente acido ed il sale servono a ridurre la possibilità che si sviluppi, inoltre le tossine dovrebbero essere neutralizzate portando la temperatura a 80 gradi, io effettuo una bollitura in pentola a pressione che raggiunge quasi i 120 gradi.

Anche di questo se ne è parlato a lungo, usa il tasto "cerca"

Ciao Fabio

AlexH

I didn't see that this was your first post... Welcome to the Forum!!! :D (nice member number! :D )