AlexH

Just planted!

AlexH

Day 21:

today there are no germinations but signs that the BJ Chocoloate will germinate soon! ;)

Just the stubborn Congo Black to go... :)

Otherwise all looking good!

kirmen1980

I'm glad that everything goes well, from which soon germinate even the black congo ;)

mich
Day 21:

today there are no germinations but signs that the BJ Chocoloate will germinate soon! :)

Just the stubborn Congo Black to go... :D

Otherwise all looking good!

Ok, be patient! ;) It will arrive! :)

AlexH

Day 23:

The BJ Chocolate is nearly fully germinated :lol:

The Congo Black has just begun to germinate :D

That means at least one germination from all 19 varieties on the list! :lol:

kirmen1980

I am very happy for you

mich

Fine! It's very fine to have all the varieties germinated! I'm waiting for them too... bud i trust i'll get them all! :lol:

AlexH

Thanks Kirmen & Mich!

Mich, I am sure you will!!! :lol:

mich
Thanks Kirmen & Mich!

Mich, I am sure you will!!! :lol:

:lol::D

AlexH

Today I noticed that one of the "Chupetino" seedlings (seeds from Mich) has a slightly purple colour to its leaves (compared also with the others that germinated from the same seeds). Is it normal...? (...could it be a spontaneous mutation ;) or does it mean that the parent plant had some purple variagation in its leaves too?)

mich
Today I noticed that one of the "Chupetino" seedlings (seeds from Mich) has a slightly purple colour to its leaves (compared also with the others that germinated from the same seeds). Is it normal...? (...could it be a spontaneous mutation ;) or does it mean that the parent plant had some purple variagation in its leaves too?)

Ahi, 3 possibilities:

1) Not well isolated = hybridation (sorry sorry sorry if it is this case!!!);

2) Too much "sun" (light, of course), try to distance it more;

3) Mutation?....... mmmmm.... don't think...

Can you take a shot? The Chupe leaves are particulary, maybe i can tell you immediately if there's an hybridation... Take a look on the database HERE, too.

AlexH
Ahi, 3 possibilities:

1) Not well isolated = hybridation (sorry sorry sorry if it is this case!!!);

2) Too much "sun" (light, of course), try to distance it more;

3) Mutation?....... mmmmm.... don't think...

Can you take a shot? The Chupe leaves are particulary, maybe i can tell you immediately if there's an hybridation... Take a look on the database HERE, too.

Here's a picture... the leaves are just the cotelydons so I don't know if you'll be able to tell very much from them... ;)

post-638-1264253136.jpg

mich
Here's a picture... the leaves are just the cotelydons so I don't know if you'll be able to tell very much from them... ;)

You've got the reason, it's too soon! But the 2 small-plants are both Chupe?

AlexH

Yes... both from the same seeds (I was very careful with them ;) )

There are three other seedlings in different pots and they all look like the lower one. When the first proper leaves arrive I will take some more photos and update you!

mich

Good!

My memory tells me that Chupe is very small in the first weeks, we just have to stay tuned.

I will put my Chupe seeds in scottex tomorrow or monday, then we can make a face-to-face! ;)

AlexH

Excellent! I look forward to doing a comparison!

Also... I did some more "bare root transplants" today... and no wilting! my technique must be improving! ;)

kirmen1980

I note with pleasure that the new born have a beautiful and colorful trees are beautiful bass. Bravo and best wishes for new born ;):)

AlexH
I note with pleasure that the new born have a beautiful and colorful trees are beautiful bass. Bravo and best wishes for new born :D:D

Thnks Kirmen! :D

AlexH

Day 26:

2 more germinations! :lol: (the other Congo Black and Bhut Jolokia)

...this means that I have a germination in all the pots I planted except one of the BJ Chocolate (...still time though! :mellow: )

mich

Aaaaaah, the BJ Choco.... :mellow::lol:

AlexH

Day 29:

Nearly a month since planting the first seeds, and lots are now devloping their second pair of proper leaves ;)

I was wanting some advice: when is best to start feeding the plants with some fertilizer... is it too soon, or should I start now? B)

There have been some more germinations in the last days (...but still not the last BJ choco :lol: ) ...I will have to do some more bare root transplants this weekend!

The Chupetino that was looking purple is now even more purple!! ...it is beginning to develop its first proper leaves so I should be able to post another photo soon... B)

mich

Ok Alex, very good! I'm curious 'bout the Chupe! If there is an hybridation... just take a look at what i growed the last season... I know it's very difficult to understand which type of hybridation happened (if really happened), but the Chupe was near many blacks (Douglah, Congo, Guadalupe) and far from Neyde and Black Pearl. Anyway... let's stay tuned!

EDIT: i remember it was near a Madagascar too (typically "quasi" black plant), a really big plant because it was in a 28cm pot!

For the fertilizer i always wait one month after the last transplant. But sure the young plants stay more than 1 month in the same glass (or pot), so in this case you can give a minimum dose of fertilizer. They say give 5 ml for a liter water? Give 2,5 ml!

I hope you'll understand... but wait the Gurus too, i know there are other solutions!

nipotastro

until plants are in glasses, i suggest you do not fertilize them!

if you want you may try to use some light natural product as biobizz, but even less than half suggested dose, for now

anyway a real good start!!

AlexH

@ Mich...

Thanks for the advice!

I am very curious and excited to see what the purple Chupe becomes ...I will definitely keep you updated!! B)

@ Nipostrato

Thanks also for the advice and encouragement! It is much appreciated! :)

I realised today that it is a month since I joined the forum... B) Thanks to everyone for their support, advice and pepperfiendliness!!!! B):);)

mich

We really are a Hot Friendly Family!!!