Guest X

Capsicum Tovarii

cmpman1974

Just beautiful X. Thanks for sharing. I'm impressed you were able to grow it. One of these years, I'll find a way. Approximately how many seeds are in each ripe pod? It's a real pain trying to source that one. I had a few before, but I was unsuccessful. Got maybe 2 of 10 to germinate and those 2 never grew into mature plants.

Chris

Lonewolf

Very intriguing variety!

I owe a plant.

It was partially damaged by a snail some weeks ago, but recovered well ... now it's on the light-room at 20° C and good light ... she is growing but very, very slowly :D

Hope I can see some flowers and maybe pods in the next spring.

Lonewolf

My plant of C.tovarii (born on June 2007) shows a strange behaviour ...

The main stem grows horizzontally to the ground; one after other all the older leaves wilt and fall while new sprouts and leaves are forming at the plant apex ... so the plant is slowly "walking" outside the pot :blink:

Leaves fall could be normal being in full winter with scarce natural light (this plant seems not to like neon lights), but it's so strange indeed !

JohnF

Very nice, X. I hope you get pods.

Like Chris, I have had much trouble with this one and have not yet succeeded. I also had two plants that did not survive and they exhibited that same sideways growth.

very nice, Marco. Spero che si ottiene baccelli.

Come Chris, che ho avuto dei problemi con molto di questo e che non sono ancora riusciti. Ho avuto anche due impianti che non sopravvivono e sono esposti lo stesso laterale crescita.

alb
My plant of C.tovarii (born on June 2007) shows a strange behaviour ...

The main stem grows horizzontally to the ground; one after other all the older leaves wilt and fall while new sprouts and leaves are forming at the plant apex ... so the plant is slowly "walking" outside the pot ;)

Something similar happened last year to my Cardenasii (or what else it is :blink: ): the main stem (and I could say the only stem) grew vertically, but all the lower leaves went on falling, leaving the plant with just a bunch of leaves on the top. :D

JohnF

I'm on the forum.

cmpman1974

Wow, congratulations X. I'm amazed you were able to pull this one off. Have pods ripened yet? It's been my biggest failure of all varieties.

Chris

PepperLover

GREAT JOB X keep growing this one so i have chance to try some seeds later of course too mnay ppl will be asking for this one :lol: but i hope any one get any seeds will beable to grow them and share us with this valuable chile

keep taking care if this one marco plz ... :lol:

chillibeginer

Conrgatulazioni X, belissimo. Ti auguro un anno prolifico.

Congratulations X, wounderfull. I wish you a great growing year.

Mojca

chillibeginer

If yes, would you be interested in an exchange?

For now I have just young plants of C. galapagoense, lanceolatum and praetermissimum that will hopefully grow some fruits.

We have a saying: stupind farmer grows the biggest patatoes - speaking of me of course.

megamastger71

Riempiamo lo spazio vuoto lasciato dall'utente ignoto :lol: (fa anche rima eheheh)

C. tovarii

DSC_0216.JPG

DSC_0215.JPG

24.07%20001%20copia.jpg

leo72

che bellooo!questo wild è stupendo

Lonewolf
:lol:

JohnF

Congratulations. Mine did not germinate again this year-from three sources. I seem to be jinxed with this one.

megamastger71

thanks my friends :huh:

We hope that after so many flowers .... follow many beautiful fruits :lol:

cossuziggy

Fantastic!!!

megamastger71

first fruit set :lol:

01.08%20005.jpg

Lonewolf
:lol:

cmpman1974

Mine's doing well. Some pods are setting.

P1080738.jpg

Chris

cmpman1974

Plant picture

P1080780.jpg

Lonewolf

WOW! :sweatingbullets:

I've not a good feeling with this species; first plant I grew died suddenly and the second is growing badly; past year it produced 7 pods, but no one of those seeds did germinate.

However both plants came from the same source, maybe bad seeds at the start of that line :)

Maybe someone will have a couple of seeds for me next year? :blush:

cmpman1974

If I get some, you know I will Lonewolf. :sweatingbullets:

megamastger71

My plant

many flowers are ready :sweatingbullets:

post-245-1280932104.jpg

Reyna

Lovely plants. I have not yet had the opportunity to grow this pepper (tovarii)

I have lots experience in growing chiltepin. This year was my first foray into growing other various wilds.

I finally germinated 1 galapagoense which is doing extremely well. It was planted on 04/05 and germinated on 04/20 and is now blooming 08/07.

I am also growing chacoense. I started out with 6 seeds. Out of the 6 seeds, I have 5 strong plants. This chacoense started growing fast and is slowing down, but that might be just because I have it in a smaller container. I had really hoped my lanceolatum would germinate but alas, it didn't - I may try again since I am currently getting 100 degree weather right now in Texas.

Hopefully, I will get a chance to grow a tovarii soon. I've heard that this is a rough one to get started and it looks like it from the posts as well!

Good luck with your plants

Danny