timmey

Timmeys Peppers

timmey

So i planned to have 18 Plants of Peppersand 1 Tomato for 2020... well that was my first plan.

Now i got 24 Pepper plants and that one Tomato.

The plants that are currently indoor from 2019 (or befor) are also Listet here.

Some overwintering-plants i'll give away to collegues and freinds in spring.

The Green Marked Peppers are planed to stay outside of my Greenhouse.

Name of Pepper Planed number of Plants Plant from 2019 or Before
Lemon Drop 2 1
Sugar Bird F3 2  
Cheiro Roxa X Orange 2  
Cheiro Roxa 1  
Morita 1  
Salvador de Bahia 1  
Murupi (vermelha) 1  
Piãozinho 1  
Sugar Rush Peach 1  
Aji Dulce Amarillo 1  
Aji White Fantasy 1  
Aji Cachucha 1  
Rocoto Gelbe Riesen 1  
Monster Hunter World Annum (Cayenne?) 1  
Yellow Rocoto 2 2
Canario 1 1
Rocotto Work (Canario?) 1 1
Ruthje Tomate 1 1
Fidalgo Roxa 1 3
Litte Bird of Guyana 1 2
Chora Menino 1 2

Most of my new varietys are already sprouded under artificial "whorehouse"-light.

• Like 8

Squawk
58 minutes ago, timmey said:

So i planned to have 18 Plants of Peppersand 1 Tomato for 2020... well that was my first plan.

Now i got 24 Pepper plants and that one Tomato.

I think that's the usual problem we growers have 🤣 
Anyway, good luck for this season! Do you mind sharing some info/pics about the Sugar Bird?

timmey
2 minutes ago, Squawk said:

Sugar Bird?

I can soon show some Pictures of the Plant. Or you can lokk in this Thread of the Gemran Forum where i got it.

It is Bassicaly a Little Bird Of Guyana crossed with a Sugar Rush.

Here is the F2 Thread with some Pictures the F3 i am Growing is from Plant Nr 5 of Plantago (Pflanze Nr 5)

• Like 2

leo72

Food coltivation timmey

• Thanks 1

Rapace

Ciao Timmey

Ich wünsche Ihnen eine hervorragende Ernte im Jahr 2020

• Thanks 1

Vincer
26 minutes ago, Rapace said:

Ciao Timmey

Ich wünsche Ihnen eine hervorragende Ernte im Jahr 2020

Non conoscendo il tedesco mi fido di quello che ha scritto Carlo :)

Ciao

Vincenzo

• Haha 1

Rapace
3 hours ago, Vincer said:

Non conoscendo il tedesco mi fido di quello che ha scritto Carlo :)

Ciao

Vincenzo

Anche io conosco poche parole :)

La nostra vicina di casa invece ha vissuto per parecchi anni a Berlino

DaMNeD

Buona coltivazione

RocotoD

Good start of cultivation!

Dario

Rapace
13 hours ago, timmey said:

The Green Marked Peppers are planed to stay outside of my Greenhouse.

Name of Pepper Planed number of Plants Plant from 2019 or Before
Lemon Drop 2 1
Sugar Bird F3 2  
Cheiro Roxa X Orange 2  
Cheiro Roxa 1  
Morita 1  
Salvador de Bahia 1  
Murupi (vermelha) 1  
Piãozinho 1  
Sugar Rush Peach 1  
Aji Dulce Amarillo 1  
Aji White Fantasy 1  
Aji Cachucha 1  
Rocoto Gelbe Riesen 1  
Monster Hunter World Annum (Cayenne?) 1  
Yellow Rocoto 2 2
Canario 1 1
Rocotto Work (Canario?) 1 1
Ruthje Tomate 1 1
Fidalgo Roxa 1 3
Litte Bird of Guyana 1 2
Chora Menino 1 2

Most of my new varietys are already sprouded under artificial "whorehouse"-light.

A couple of questions about varieties which I have highlighted in red

MORITA:

Is this referring to Smoked Jalapeno recipe ? (in other words, did you get seeds for that Jalapenos ?) or it's something different ?

It is a Capsicum annuum right ?

SALVADOR DE BAHIA

I don't know this variety.... can you tell us something more about it ? (specie, where you found seeds......etc.)

PIAOZINHO

I never cultivated this variety.... nevertheless it seems to me very similar to a variety I had even in 2019 called "Sara's Pears".

I believe this was a name which was given by a collegue pepperfriend to this cultivar given to him by a friend named "Sara".
The shape of the pods remind a Pear.....

I would like to understand if this is in reality a "PIaozinho".

To understand that there is a very important "hint".

Sara's Pears have a very peculiar feature being a C.chinense - Flowers have YELLOW anthers.

Do you know if also Piaozinho has this features ? (or that variety has "standard" violet/blue colored anthers, as in almost every C.chinense cultivar ?).

CHORA MENINO

I don't know this variety but I found on internet that it is a C.chinense.

Can you tell us something more about it ? I didn't find any picture.... do you have some to be published ?

Thanks and have a great season.

PS:

13 hours ago, Squawk said:

I think that's the usual problem we growers have 🤣 
Anyway, good luck for this season! Do you mind sharing some info/pics about the Sugar Bird?

13 hours ago, timmey said:

I can soon show some Pictures of the Plant. Or you can lokk in this Thread of the Gemran Forum where i got it.

It is Bassicaly a Little Bird Of Guyana crossed with a Sugar Rush.

Here is the F2 Thread with some Pictures the F3 i am Growing is from Plant Nr 5 of Plantago (Pflanze Nr 5)

Little Bird of Guyana = Aji Guyana

Two names (synonims) for the same cultivar of C.baccatum.

• Like 1

timmey

Mille Grazie first to all the Wishes an comments.

I hope i can give some answers to the questions.

MORITA:

I got it from another User, he took it out of a smoked Morita. Seems to be an Annum. I liked the pictures he send to me so i had to cultivate...

SALVADOR DE BAHIA

C.Chinense, is a variety that a User bought some years ago and provided seed to the community. It looks similar to a  Murupi but seems to be much hotter.

For that reason i like to cultivate both in 2020 so i can see and taste the difference

Piãozinho 

C.Chinense. I got it out of a letter of seedexchange also from the german Forum.

The seeds are exactle those: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=it&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.soflor.com.br%2Fproduto%2Fpimenta-piaozinho-sementes%2F&sandbox=1

CHORA MENINO

C.Chinense. aka Christopher Phillips No. 50

I cultivated them first in 2018. I got only a few pots but like them. The are quite hot, my hottest in 2018/2019 followed by Fidlago Roxa.

They translate something like "crying boy" or something like that.

Find pictures attached and also this thread.

Cheiro Roxa X Orange

I also got those from another user, he bought seeds on ebay an got Is an unknown Cross Cheiro Roxa X Some Orange Pots.

Maybe my growing Cheiro Roxa is also a unstable cross, i will see in a few months.

I loved the optics of that pots of the Cross so i had to get those. Picture attached of the "regular?" Pods and the orange flavour.

If i like them i will keep seeds an prevent further crossings for stabalizing.

I Also try to cross some peppers the first tiem intetnionally.

I try this combination:

Mother   Father  
Aji White Fantasy CB Litte Bird of Guyana CB
Lemon Drop CB Litte Bird of Guyana CB
Litte Bird of Guyana CB Lemon Drop CB
Litte Bird of Guyana CB Aji White Fantasy CB

Anyone tried those before? 

IMG_20180828_102930.jpg

CheiroRoxa.jpg

Roxa light green.jpg

• Like 3

Oban

Hi Timmie I've benn following the german forum Hot-Pain.de for 2 or 3 years, I must say that they are good C.pubescens growers, welcome to PF.

57 minutes ago, timmey said:

5 hours ago, Rapace said:

PIAOZINHO

I never cultivated this variety.... nevertheless it seems to me very similar to a variety I had even in 2019 called "Sara's Pears".

I believe this was a name which was given by a collegue pepperfriend to this cultivar given to him by a friend named "Sara".
The shape of the pods remind a Pear.....

I would like to understand if this is in reality a "PIaozinho".

To understand that there is a very important "hint".

Sara's Pears have a very peculiar feature being a C.chinense - Flowers have YELLOW anthers.

Do you know if also Piaozinho has this features ? (or that variety has "standard" violet/blue colored anthers, as in almost every C.chinense cultivar ?).

The origin is different, one Brazil the other Trinidad and the flower shown on their forum doesn't show the particularity of the color of the anthers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rapace
1 hour ago, timmey said:

Mille Grazie first to all the Wishes an comments.

I hope i can give some answers to the questions.

MORITA:

I got it from another User, he took it out of a smoked Morita. Seems to be an Annum. I liked the pictures he send to me so i had to cultivate...

Ok, in this case if they have been taken out of a smoked Morita, the "classical" pepper used for "Morita" should be a Red Jalapeno.
In this case... you should have a Red Jalapeno plant from those seeds..... let's see.

SALVADOR DE BAHIA

C.Chinense, is a variety that a User bought some years ago and provided seed to the community. It looks similar to a  Murupi but seems to be much hotter.

For that reason i like to cultivate both in 2020 so i can see and taste the difference

Ok, thanks

Looking at the pictures it seems very similar to "Sara's Pears".... nevertheless (asDaniele - aka Oban - already noticed), anthers have different colours, so similar pods but different varieties

CHORA MENINO

C.Chinense. aka Christopher Phillips No. 50

I cultivated them first in 2018. I got only a few pots but like them. The are quite hot, my hottest in 2018/2019 followed by Fidlago Roxa.

They translate something like "crying boy" or something like that.

Find pictures attached and also this thread.

Thanks "

Cheiro Roxa X Orange

I also got those from another user, he bought seeds on ebay an got Is an unknown Cross Cheiro Roxa X Some Orange Pots.

Maybe my growing Cheiro Roxa is also a unstable cross, i will see in a few months.

I loved the optics of that pots of the Cross so i had to get those. Picture attached of the "regular?" Pods and the orange flavour.

If i like them i will keep seeds an prevent further crossings for stabalizing.

I Also try to cross some peppers the first tiem intetnionally.

I try this combination:

Mother   Father  
Aji White Fantasy CB Litte Bird of Guyana CB
Lemon Drop CB Litte Bird of Guyana CB
Litte Bird of Guyana CB Lemon Drop CB
Litte Bird of Guyana CB Aji White Fantasy CB

Anyone tried those before? 

I never heard about someone who tried those crosses.
Anyway... all of them are Capsicum baccatum, so cross should be easy.

Thanks for all the information you shared.

timmey
23 minutes ago, Rapace said:

Anyway... all of them are Capsicum baccatum, so cross should be easy.

Thats why i start that way 😄 at first i hade far more crosses in mind but, well i have to grow them out some day.

if i real like 2 or more of them i have a real problem of space.

30 minutes ago, Oban said:

Didn't notice that there was already a thread 🙂

25 minutes ago, Rapace said:

Red Jalapeno plant from those seeds..... let's see.

Yes we will see. I could upload a picture, but i kindye ask the guy who shot it, if it is okay to upload it here/somewhere.

timmey

So i got the permission to post the Picture of the pod that came out of the Morita , i ask myself could it be an anaheim.

I also took some Photos of my overwintering plants, an "canario" pod (but i'm not sure it crossed) and the germinated ones.

Morita.jpg

IMG_20191229_140419.jpg

IMG_20191229_140424.jpg

IMG_20191229_140429.jpg

IMG_20191229_140434.jpg

IMG_20191229_140437.jpg

IMG_20191229_152040.jpg

IMG_20191229_152051.jpg

IMG_20191229_152057.jpg

IMG_20191229_152102.jpg

IMG_20191229_152111.jpg

IMG_20191229_152123.jpg

IMG_20191229_152219.jpg

IMG_20191229_152224.jpg

IMG_20191229_152229.jpg

• Like 3

Rapace
46 minutes ago, timmey said:

So i got the permission to post the Picture of the pod that came out of the Morita , i ask myself could it be an anaheim.

Maybe..... for sure not a Jalapeno..... anyway it seems a C.annuum 

46 minutes ago, timmey said:

I also took some Photos of my overwintering plants, an "canario" pod (but i'm not sure it crossed) and the germinated ones.

IMG_20191229_152224.jpg

IMG_20191229_152229.jpg

In my opinon the one in the picture is not a Canario, maybe crossed ...... the colour is more orange then bright yellow.... and the shape is not "the right one"

On the other hand I suspect that "Canario" is somehow used as a kind of "generic name" to identify (locally) Rocotos which are yellow (or almost yellow).

Anyway that pod shape is very interesting..... completely new to me (never seen before in a C.pubescens)

timmey
10 minutes ago, Rapace said:

Anyway that pod shape is very interesting..... completely new to me (never seen before in a C.pubescens)

Well it is a Plant i grow from seeds i got in 2018 from my own plant. Maybe they crossed.

However collegue of mine had another plant and he had also a different shape.

So maybe i planted a hybrid in 2018 that was sold as canario by mistastake (it's @semillas seed's so normaly i wouldn't doubt the seeds)

Attached some photos of my 2018 Pods, they also do not have the known shape.

IMG_20180828_102851.jpg.4a7046231d9771ce9202d24a7d0e1313.jpg

• Like 1

Rapace

I'm used to say in this cases:

"Si fa presto a dire Canario"... which is something quite "idiomatic" in Italian ... in english I think it's something like "It's easy to say Canario" ...

timmey
5 hours ago, Rapace said:

I'm used to say in this cases:

"Si fa presto a dire Canario"... which is something quite "idiomatic" in Italian ... in english I think it's something like "It's easy to say Canario" ...

Is it like "easier said then done" figure of speech? Maybe it translates not as good 🙂

Anyhow i liked the 2018 Peppers otherwise i hadnt grown them again. if they are called canario or not doesnt matter that way 🙂

Rapace
4 hours ago, timmey said:

Is it like "easier said then done" figure of speech? Maybe it translates not as good 🙂

Similar...... but slightly different (we have in Italian almost literally same as "easier said than done" = "Piu' facile a dirsi che a farsi")

I try to explain (just for fun :) ).

To say in Italian "Si fa presto a dire X" means that the concept "X" is "richer" and more "complicate" than how it appear at "a first glance"

That figure here (used in this context) has some humour inside.

For example: I wrote many times around here "Si fa presto a dire Rocopica".

This is because Rocopica is a cross between C.pubescens and Ulupica...... BUT what variety of C.pubescens ? and ...Ulupica is used for C.cardenasii, C.eximium and in general for all the wild peppers with small juicy pods.

So..........

When we say "Rocopica" ...... does it mean.

C.pubescens x C.cardenasii ?

C.pubescens x C.eximium ?

C.eximium x C.pubescens ?

C.cardenasii x C.pubescens ?

C.eximium x C.cardenasii x C.pubescens ?

Or what any other combination of those ?

And... what kind of Rocoto ? (or C.pubescens if you prefer)

Conclusion... to say Rocopica is "generic"

So.... Si fa presto a dire Rocopica.

Also it applies in my opinion to Canario.

I have just remembered that I used many times the "Si fa presto a dire Canario" in my 2018 Topic (I cultivated 2 plants of Canario, from 2 different sets of seeds and they grew up very differntly).

I cultivated 3 different types of "Canario" in past 7 years.

- Type A:

Egg shaped - Bright yellow..... Colour very similar (if not exactly) as the one of the Canary (Cultivated in 2013)

post-2453-0-21423500-1414241482.jpg

Type B - Bigger Pod, Colour not so similar to Canary, Manzano Shaped, "Tall" plant - (Cultivated in 2018)

10 Canario.jpg

Type C - Vaguely "Triangular shape" (more irregular), coulour or ripen pod tends is yellowish (tends to Orange) - Cultivated 2018

Canario_Frutto_002.jpg

Now we have other shapes in your pictures :).

Anyhow i liked the 2018 Peppers otherwise i hadnt grown them again. if they are called canario or not doesnt matter that way 🙂

I fully agree, me too I'll cultivate those varieties of "Canario" even this year because they are excellent plants and produce many pods.
Name is a detail compared to "quality" of the variety

And the shape of your Canario is very particular (and intriguing) in my opinion :).

• Like 2

timmey
7 hours ago, Rapace said:

I cultivated 3 different types of "Canario" in past 7 years.

- Type A:

Egg shaped - Bright yellow..... Colour very similar (if not exactly) as the one of the Canary (Cultivated in 2013)

post-2453-0-21423500-1414241482.jpg

Type B - Bigger Pod, Colour not so similar to Canary, Manzano Shaped, "Tall" plant - (Cultivated in 2018)

10 Canario.jpg

Type C - Vaguely "Triangular shape" (more irregular), coulour or ripen pod tends is yellowish (tends to Orange) - Cultivated 2018

Canario_Frutto_002.jpg

Now we have other shapes in your pictures :).

I fully agree, me too I'll cultivate those varieties of "Canario" even this year because they are excellent plants and produce many pods.
Name is a detail compared to "quality" of the variety

And the shape of your Canario is very particular (and intriguing) in my opinion :).

Thanks for that explaination. i wasn't aware of diffent shapes/Versions.

But i know it happenes. I have seen a projekt about the "real fatalii" they noticed the most offered fatalii are different from the first fatalii that were available.

They now have over 8 different sources of seed and try to find the real one - the holy grail of fatalii 😉

Rapace
3 hours ago, timmey said:

Thanks for that explaination. i wasn't aware of diffent shapes/Versions.

But i know it happenes. I have seen a projekt about the "real fatalii" they noticed the most offered fatalii are different from the first fatalii that were available.

They now have over 8 different sources of seed and try to find the real one - the holy grail of fatalii 😉

Si a presto a dire Fatalii :)

To preserve the "original" cultivar features it's fundamental to produce "pure" seeds, isolating adequately the plants (there are several technics, which I think you already know and that can be found quite easily here on Pepperfriends) and avoiding crosses (which are easy in peppers).

If seeds are produced without isolating ("open pollination") there is no warranty to obtain the cultivatar you was thinking you were cultivating (but you will discover it only after  months :) ).

As you probably already noticed reading around on Pepperfriends, "we" consider very important to "preserve" the "original" cultivars.

• Like 3

timmey
1 hour ago, Rapace said:

"we" consider very important to "preserve" the "original" cultivars.

Yes some google translation brought me that information 🙂

Well what they say about the fatalii is, that the strains of isolation differ from the strains that were of origin.

Sure it can be due new impurities, but  they think it was a earlier generation that wasn't that stable so it was stable enough to keep main features intact but some features changed due further isolation/inbreeding.

Rapace
17 minutes ago, timmey said:

Yes some google translation brought me that information 🙂

Well what they say about the fatalii is, that the strains of isolation differ from the strains that were of origin.

Sure it can be due new impurities, but  they think it was a earlier generation that wasn't that stable so it was stable enough to keep main features intact but some features changed due further isolation/inbreeding.

Unfortunately It's quite difficult for me to undestand german language (i think I'm just able to order food and beverage and to say hallo and thanks :) ).

I'll try to understand more with the help of the translator from the topic you posted.

I cultivated Fatalii many times and I always obtained plants with the same features, so I would like to undestand better what are the features what features have changed.
I saw some pictures of pods reported there and some of those pods don't seems coherent to "true" Fatalli I know.

timmey
1 minute ago, Rapace said:

(i think I'm just able to order food and beverage and to say hallo and thanks :) )

I'll help you out. Ein Bier bitte :-). 

So mph says the earlier Fatalii he and another user got in the "early days" were more yellowish not that orangie. 

The sweet fruitiness also decreased. Also the heat changed partially. Those are the main claims, sure it's subjective but i guess there is some truth in it.

I for myself didn't grow fatalii, yet so i dont know.

But if you know another source of seed, that you think is the real fatalii-deal - be free to write it to mph ,me or into that forum.