Sign in to follow this  
.:Dam:.

Overcooked pork & pasta

Ciao,

I am not a so good with making food but sometimes I manage to make something worth to mention... This is quite easy to do, takes some time and kind a hard to do wrong.

IMG_4482.JPG

Take piece of pork, this in picture is pork neck, about 1.3 kg. Make some cuts in it so marinade would go inside meat a bit better. Make a marinade, olive oil, dark beer, juice from 2 limes and chili, naturally. Put it in refrigerator for day or two. Turn it upside down few times.

IMG_4484.JPG

Add a litlle bit water if needed to marinade, oven to about 150 C° for few hours. That yellowish stuff on pork is habanero jam. I did not have any fresh chilies, this jam is good / close enough. Pork needs to be in oven about 2 hours / kg. You can poor some marinade on pork while its in oven. Pork is ready when you can slice it easily with spoon. Yes, spoon, not knife.

IMG_4486.JPG

Because this marinade is greasy, do not poor it to drain. Its better to make some sauce from it. Thickening with corn starch, some cream, cheese maybe, I´ve put some cheddar chips in it because I like cheddar :logik:

IMG_4485.JPG

While pork is in oven, you can make a pasta. One egg / person, flour as much as needed. Chili powder until fingers starts to burn, then you can add a bit more. When pasta is cooked, it is not so hot to eat. But its hot in a way when its cold too :ike:

IMG_4487.JPG

Put all on plate, add some mozzarella and start eating. Try not to explode.

Lonewolf

Very interesting, even if this "combination" of different foods sounds a bit strange for Italians :crazy:

In Italy we would eat the pasta before (first course), then the pork (second course) and finally the mozzarella ... in another dinner ;)

• Like 1

Rapace

The recipe for the pork sounds fantastic ! Thanks ..Dam...

I' ll try it for sure......

To make it more "Italian style" I'll substitute "Tagliatelle" (that kind of pasta) and mozzarella with a side dish (potatoes or beans for example) and some bread.

Essegi

Excellent marinade!

Btw i'd eat pasta on a different dish and before meat as Lonewolf said!

In Finland, we have no manners what comes to eating :no: But, for sure you can eat tagliatelle on a different dish, no problem.