Lonewolf

Isolation methods for the production of pure seeds

Lonewolf

Often I take a look at the seeds for sale in Italian and foreign website.

Also I receive many seeds from various source.

Rarely I see information on the methods of isolation (to prevent cross-pollination) and on the purity of seeds.

I wish to know which are the methods used, if any, especially for seeds produced outside Italy.

Thanks.

Metodi di isolamento per la produzione di semi puri.

Spesso do un'occhiata ai semi in vendita su siti web italiani e stranieri.

Ricevo anche molti semi da diverse fonti.

Raramente vedo informazioni sul metodo di isolamento (per prevenire l'impollinazione incrociata) e sulla purezza dei semi.

Desidero conoscere quali sono i metodi utilizzati, se presenti, specialmente per semi prodotti fuori dall'Italia.

Grazie.

ZAPPALAND

Vorrei sapere anche io... :) oltre al famoso TNT cosa esiste? Che metodo utilizzano i grandi produttori tipo semillas?

Lonewolf

i produttori come semillas usano (o dovrebbero usare) tunnel chiusi o serre a prova di insetto.

Le grandi aziende sementiere utilizzano monocolture lontane da altre coltivazioni compatibili.

Rapace

Non ho capito bene se questo topic lo hai aperto per chiedere ai membri del forum come isolano .... o se vuoi sapere se qualcuno sa come isolano alcuni siti che vendono semi (se qualcuno del forum lo sa).

Io non ho alcuna informazione sulle modalità che vengono utilizzate dai venditori (escluso qualcuno tipo agriturismo il campo che lo dichiara anche sul sito - il che è ovviamente è un indicatore molto importante di serietà).

Se invece fai riferimenti a come ottengo semi "puri" (o "presunti tali"), di solito (non sempre) indico anche il metodo utilizzato (e come ho detto in altri post andrebbe specificato sempre).

Al riguardo i miei semi puri li ho ottenuti in diversi modi:

- TNT (su ramo o su tutta la pianta)

- Metodi "di Pixie" sulla stessa pianta (apertura forzata e demasculinizzazione del fiore con impollinazione "manuale" - utilizzabile anche per creare ibridi)

- Pianta in ambiente isolato (esempio pianta nata e cresciuta indoor davanti ad una vetrata che non viene mai aperta).

- Prima fioritura della stagione (unica pianta con fiori aperti in quel momento)

- Pianta di varietà non incrociabile con altre (esempio: unico C.Pubescens della coltivazione).

Di quelli indicati sopra penso che il piu' facile sia da realizzare che per avere allegagioni sia il TNT.

-------------------------

I'm not sure if you're intersted in how we (forum members) obtain "pure" seeds (avoiding cross-pollination) or if you're more interested in information about "seed websellers" technics to avoid cross-pollination.

I don't have many information about "websellers" (except than the ones who declared that on the website - for example in Italy "Agriturismo il campo" - of course to specify methods used to avoid unwished hybridization is an important indicator about professionality and trustability).

About my seeds (which are of course only a limited amount and are not sold, but only donated or exchanged with pepperfriends) i used (mostly for fun) different ways to produce "pure" seeds.

Usually I write the isolation methods I used (not always, even if I think that it should be always specified)

- TNT isolation (of a branch or of the Whole plant)

- Pixie's method (on the same variety - this method can be used also to create hybrids - choosing the "parents")

- Plant in an isolated environment (for example a plant growing indoor near closed window with no other plants in the same environment)

- First pod(s) of the season (allegation with no other plant with open flowers)

- Cultivar not compatible for cross-pollination with other cultivars (for example: if you are growing only 1 C.Pubescens among all C.Chinense)

In my opinion TNT isolation is the easiest to be applied

Lonewolf

My question was not so clear :rolleyes:

I'm interested to know the isolation methods used (if any) by forum members, especially not Italian members who sell seeds through their website (for example Vladan, Meatfreak and others) and/or often send me seeds (for example Vladan (again), Cmpman1974 and others).

chiliriot

My question was not so clear :rolleyes:

I'm interested to know the isolation methods used (if any) by forum members, especially not Italian members who sell seeds through their website (for example Vladan, Meatfreak and others) and/or often send me seeds (for example Vladan (again), Cmpman1974 and others).

I use the method of "tnt" (non-woven) covering only the branches concerned. method "glue", gluing the petals just before they open.

ZAPPALAND

up